Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I followed a friends instructions, he did the same on his 1199 here:

How to: Make your own license plate bracket - Ducati 1199 Forum

Between the aluminum angle stock, the LED lights and the adhesive heat shield I spent about 40 bucks.

Cut, primed and painted bracket:

Re-wired for the new LED's (soldered and taped up both signals and the license plate light):

Final result:

I used industrial Velcro to attach the signals, that way I can easily adjust the angles, if need be.

Heat shield will be here tomorrow, and I'll stick it on the back of the plate, to prevent it from burning.

Now I just need something to cover the hole that is left where the original fender was... Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
217 Posts
You sir are a genius! I did the same for my rsv4 but I ended buying a fender eliminator this time around for the 899

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sir are a genius! I did the same for my rsv4 but I ended buying a fender eliminator this time around for the 899
Thanks, but I have to give the credit to Antihero, it was his idea! I'd like to see a pic of the one you have on your bike. I'm just so glad to have what I referred to as the "Alien Eye balls" off my bike for good!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.899panigale.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=809&stc=1&d=1388369865

I bought this on ebay from new rage cycles. I love the look, but paid way too much for it! 170 that is! Comp werks isn't that much cheaper either so spending 40 to make it look that good is a smarter idea! Sucks for me!
I get this message when I follow the link "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator", but I looked it up on eBay. Looks good! I need to fabricate something to cover the hole that is left in mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts