Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So after my meticulous rebuild on the 899 vertical cylinder head. I put 1100 miles on the bike. However on july 4th , i was riding hard merging onto the hway , 1st , 2nd, 3rd ... 3rd hits redline .. i attempted to shift and then noticed the bike suddenly lost power. I pulled over to the side of the road. Turned the bike offf , no oil leaks nothing.tried starting the bike up ... nothing happens. I hit the starter , tachometer backligt goes off and bike makes 1 tick sound and thats it..... tied a rope on the bike had a friend pull me with his car ... attempted to drop the clutch in on at 1st gear doing about 15. Back tire just locked up and starts skidding. .... im
Highly confused , any advice from any one would be much appreciated. Thanks

Registered
Sorry to hear your about your troubles ,have you been able to find out what hit the plug sound like your on the right track , 899 when revved hard will have rod failures as seen in BSB 899 cup, rules changed to allow better rods ie carrillo .I guess it might be something less dramatic I hope so.I guess when we buy a cheap Ducati Super Bike we should expect to get soft brakes, low spec shock, heavy wheels,one way quick shifter, mine has never worked consistently ,oil leaks, water leaks and so much character,it does sound great though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts