Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm back in the market for my 3rd new Ducati and I'm axiously awaiting the 2020 announcements on the 23rd.

Sounds like it's expected that a replacement for the 959 will be introudced and branded as a Panigale V2.

Let's hear some rumors that you guys have heard online..... I've heard SSSA based on the spy shots...increase in displacement and power...

For me, the 899 was almost the perfect bike. If only it had LED headlights, color LCD cluster, and clutchless down shifting. I wasn't a fan at all of the 959, it looked overdone with the wider fairings and extra air inlets. The 899 was just a very clean, sexy design.

If the new Panigale V2 can't deliver on the 3 things I mentioned above, I'd like to find a dealer with a last year 899 still new in the crate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yup, I already put a $500 deposit down on one at my dealer. Should have it beginning of Jan.

I especially love that it has the SSSA.
Congratulations!!!
Did you pickup your V2 yet? Are you keeping the 899?

I still love my 899 but was ready to pull on a Panigale V4S this spring.
Now this Panigale V2 exists, which just throws me into a spiral.
Not sure what to get now.

First world problems.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sold my 899 a couple years ago. Pick up the V2 in a week hopefully.

For me, the V2 will be the perfect bike. Everything I wished my 848 and 899 had that even the 959 did not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love the V2 and the new V4's. The only thing I dislike, aesthetically, is the OEM exhaust mufflers.

I do not like how they look, they are so big and not really slick like the 899.

But if you have the money to shell out immediately for some aftermarket ones, then it would still look beautiful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts