Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got everything on, i just haven't been on the forums or have edited the time lapse video because I'm not riding right now :tango_face_sad: I'm on a blood thinner till August and my family is forcing me to not ride in the mean time...But, i think i gotta some stuff i can put up in the mean time...
Health first buddy, everything else can wait... Get well soon! :tango_face_wink: Thank you for your reply!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That was a great write up on the conversion, much better than I could do but the message is it's a great way to up grade the exhaust if funds are a bit tight. Oh and the larger exhaust fits the lower fairing without burning.
exactly why i did it. I don't really need more power, so it was more so for the looks

I forgot to say, I used the 1299 heat shield and bolted onto the subframe I found it worked better than the 899 setup.
yeah, i don't think the 899 shield can be used at all because the 899 shield mounts to the exhaust itself, and new exhausts don't have those flanges at all...

Health first buddy, everything else can wait... Get well soon! :tango_face_wink: Thank you for your reply!
thanks. I'm over the hill now, counting down the days. I've been on this since February...so August right around the corner!

Can you run passenger pegs + 959/1299 heat shield on the 899?
hmmmm lemme check again. because I have my plate mounted up there...and the shield is definitely going into some bolt holes in the subframe too...

lemme take again tonight and i'll take pics so i can be sure exactly which set of holes it's going into...BUt i'm pretty sure its the passenger pegs which would mean you can't have both...unless you run the exhaust with no sheild

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can you run passenger pegs + 959/1299 heat shield on the 899?
Sorry I forgot to look, It's 11pm I'll have a look tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
BOYFRIEND! what?

Only Joking :)

Yeah looks ok, But not so sure as I was before looking. It would be tight, I don't have passengers on.

Reactions: krissrock

·
Registered
274 Posts
899 with 1299 shield
959 with akra shield

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Do you have little spacers between the shield and the subframe? Almost looks like the pass. pegs would be in place of that
From memory they are on the shield. Tight but I think you will be OK.

Reactions: XCLR8TN

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
yeah, mine came with some aluminum spacers i think...and some rubber thingy...don't know what to do that though

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
FYI, i dyno'd the bike with this exhaust (no tuning) and it made the exact same HP

·
Registered
274 Posts
FYI, i dyno'd the bike with this exhaust (no tuning) and it made the exact same HP
Yes it will need to be tuned to take advantage of the larger diameter pipe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if the 1299 header heat shield could be fitted to an 1199 with the standard headers? Do you think it would fit without touching the standard 1199 header?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts