Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wont be able to afford a Termi or Achro exhaust for a while...but I really want the black exhaust on the newer bikes...

The 1299 and new 959 exhausts are the same dimensions as the 899 right?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. I like backwards cant of the new exhaust
2. that's made for engines that wont see rocks... no spray paint will hold up in a place like that...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ceramic if anything. but id rather just get the whole system. pretty sure they'll be some showing up on ebay come spring

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sending my cans out to get ceramic coated (Cerakote High Temp) in January. I will post some photos when I get them back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
PHL the master of coring panigale exhaust had his 1199 fitted with 1299 cans, dunno if its a straight fit or he has to swap the full piping on his bike tho.. And he said this cans are made by remus, not bad hey?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shot phl an PM. If I'm not mistaken, the 1199 and 899 are a same right? and he stated that he put the 1299's on his 1199.... so I could be lucky. I guess it would save ducati a TON of money to have all of they different models use the same exhaust ( just as a lot of other parts are shared)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cans wont fit as they mount different,but the whole system will fit,i think the stubby headers are the same.
ahhh you are right, I've looked at the schematics between the two, and cans of the 899 bolt on...but the cans on the 1299 seem to use a v-band....
so I would at least need the Y-pipe too....

might be best to just get the who thing...

·
Registered
107 Posts
going off memory here,i think the 1299 standard exhaust (might just be the standard r 2016) have large diameter down pipes so well worth changing over the whole system,i am sure all the stubby headers are the same,i have the full Akra off the SL and even that uses the standard stubbys.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reviving this old thread...
as i've actually started lookin to get another exhaust this winter.
I'm looking at a 1299S exhaust
The full system.

So i was just wondering if anyone else has actually did a full exhaust swap yet?

·
Registered
34 Posts
chiming in here.

the 1299/959 headers will fit any x99. with these headers , the 1299 cans will fit.

i have been running the system on my 1199 since over a year now, without problems. of cours the cats had to come out and the db-eaters. the outlet got a screen cover.

you can see it here:

bike is wet since i forgot to tighten 2 bolts on the engine case and had oil all over the lower header...

cheers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes what Phil says I have the full 1299 system on my 899 with a Rapid Bike, perfect fit sounds and runs much better with the increase in diameter of the headers.

Oh get the heat shield with the system if you can.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you get the y-adaptor from termi (the ones you get for the front exit version) would the 1199/899 slip-ons then fit the 1299 headers?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ahhh I get your thinking, 1299 60mm headers and cheaper 1199 aftermarket mufflers. I nice cheap system :)

I don't know but I'm sure others will. Phil?

·
Registered
274 Posts
would be nice to see the difference between 60mm vs the termi 70mm system. You still can find the odd 1199 headers on sale.
70 would make a big diff for sure. I assume the akra on my 959 would be 70?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The stock exhaust header is already closely matched and flows well considering the requirements of the engine.

Without having a RapidBike or dyno tune, the high end gain between the stock and the full Akrapovic isn't as distant as one would expect.

Attached is the comparison from the Akrapovic website.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts