Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question time....

I have been offered a brand new top half fairing for an 1199 panigale at a reasonable price and i like the idae of the colour change.

Does anyone know if the 1199 top fairing will fit on the 899 (2013)

cheers,

Pete

:cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes they are a direct fit I bought 1199 fairings for mine after I dropped it. Only thing is the 1199 is lacquered into the paint. If you want to remove the 1199 writing you will need to rub the fairing down & respray it. Just a heads up. I sold mine & bought 899 fairings instead because of this

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate.

I'm really interested in the nose cone mate as that can be fitted without changing the paint on the side panels.. Did you fit one of those as well ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didn't fit the nose cone so I can't say if it's a definite fit. But I would presume it is but that's a bit of a gamble when spending so much money on one. Maybe jarel can help with this.
I agree though the tricolour on the nose would look awesome, definite stand out from the crowd. I was actually after a tricolor before I purchased the 899. But after getting stupidly excessive insurance quotes the 899 took over lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't fit the nose cone so I can't say if it's a definite fit. But I would presume it is but that's a bit of a gamble when spending so much money on one. Maybe jarel can help with this.
I agree though the tricolour on the nose would look awesome, definite stand out from the crowd. I was actually after a tricolor before I purchased the 899. But after getting stupidly excessive insurance quotes the 899 took over lol
Brand new in box for £200 but that's still more than I want to spend on an ornament if it won't fit :)

Thanks for your replies though mate.. Appreciate it

·
Registered
793 Posts
Brand new in box for £200 but that's still more than I want to spend on an ornament if it won't fit :)

Thanks for your replies though mate.. Appreciate it
If you decide you don't want it please let me know. I'm just about ready to order one from the dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you decide you don't want it please let me know. I'm just about ready to order one from the dealer. Thanks.
Cool.. will do mate but obviously the base colour is red on that fairing so wouldn't go so well on a white 899. There are a few brand new fairings being put up on flea bay at the moment where breakers are buying brand new and stripping the bikes for profit.

I have seen a couple of red ones around the £250 mark but no white at that price.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Cool.. will do mate but obviously the base colour is red on that fairing so wouldn't go so well on a white 899. There are a few brand new fairings being put up on flea bay at the moment where breakers are buying brand new and stripping the bikes for profit.

I have seen a couple of red ones around the £250 mark but no white at that price.
I'm just looking for the nose piece.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is 2 1199 tri colour top fairings on ebay and a white 899 one. I bought a 899 base headlight to fix my crashed 1199 and also bought a white 1199 top fairing and both fit each other just fine. :)
Have had to order all the ram air and hedlight plastic surrounds as headlight didn't come with them, which was a downer. Just need all the screws and nuts to fit them next.
Then need front sides and bellypan panels and maybe seat panels aswell.

·
Registered
107 Posts

The bits on ebay are from the 899 race bikes,the riders sell them to the breakers as they are not needed,i purchased all the road gear from a 899 for a steal.Thought it would be a good idea just in case.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The bits on ebay are from the 899 race bikes,the riders sell them to the breakers as they are not needed,i purchased all the road gear from a 899 for a steal.Thought it would be a good idea just in case.
Was it the RED kit,lights,seat,mirrors,silencers,switchgear deal by chance mate?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was it the RED kit,lights,seat,mirrors,silencers,switchgear deal by chance mate?
It was red set,but not off ebay,all bubble wrapped and put in storage just in case.I am selling some bits off as i have 2 brand new exhausts and rear shocks,so if anyone wants a shock to send away to revalve or a exhaust to core or a seat set you want to get covered drop me a pm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was offered complete kit, lights,mirrors, system+++ for £1k but funds not there when I needed them. Plan was to fit the kit to my 1199, remove the 899 graphics and fit 2014 wsb graphics kit I've got. Would of had to paint the bellypan black aswell.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bit the bullet n bought the tricolore nose cone. Got it for £150 in the end. Just got to hope the colour matches and it does fit.

This bike is going to costi me a fortune in "I want" bits :)

Watch this space :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
I bit the bullet n bought the tricolore nose cone. Got it for £150 in the end. Just got to hope the colour matches and it does fit.

Are you just changing the nose cone or do you have something planned for the sides as well?

·
Registered
34 Posts

WOW!!!
£150 Was a Bargain for a panigale Top Fairing, and even more so for a Tricolor one. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dealer price is $ 800.00

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys

A quick question regarding fitment of the fairings. I notice that the part number for the ducati performance race fairings is different between the 899 and 1199. The rear is the same part number but the front fairing is different . Any idea why is this so and will it affect fitment? Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rjjr - i'm just doing the nose cone at the moment but have plans to go with a carbon belly pan and then decide about the sides. Probably just some good old "DUCATI CORSE" badges in silver. CarbonWorld.de do some good options and the silver colour match is good. I had them on the bike a month ago but had to reomve them to fit the ventureshiled protection. The beauty of the tricolore nose cone is that the paintwork is only on the top of the fairing (effectively a fancy number board) so there will be no issues with the paint being "cut off" at the join.

scrapbook78 - I have had conflicting reports about this. My local dealer thinks it may be different but Jarel on here (who works for Ducati) thinks its the same. Most reports are telling me it will fit and as someone else on here has converted and 899 with 1199 LED headlights I think there is a good chance. As the price was right I went for it and will sell it if its a no go. The part no. difference can be down to graphics

·
Registered
793 Posts
rjjr - i'm just doing the nose cone at the moment but have plans to go with a carbon belly pan and then decide about the sides. Probably just some good old "DUCATI CORSE" badges in silver. CarbonWorld.de do some good options and the silver colour match is good. I had them on the bike a month ago but had to reomve them to fit the ventureshiled protection. The beauty of the tricolore nose cone is that the paintwork is only on the top of the fairing (effectively a fancy number board) so there will be no issues with the paint being "cut off" at the join.

scrapbook78 - I have had conflicting reports about this. My local dealer thinks it may be different but Jarel on here (who works for Ducati) thinks its the same. Most reports are telling me it will fit and as someone else on here has converted and 899 with 1199 LED headlights I think there is a good chance. As the price was right I went for it and will sell it if its a no go. The part no. difference can be down to graphics

It will fit. I bought the Ducati track body work which are actually the 1199 design and they fit fine.

Reactions: pete899
1 - 20 of 29 Posts