Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wounder if anybody did this mod and exchanged the 1199 aluminum cast subframe with the standard 899 steel frame? Is this plug& play or any modifications are rquired?

Also any details on the actual weight between both frames?

Thanks
Hili

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Not plug and play. The tank mount is different, so most people also switch to the lighter 1199 aluminum fuel tank at that point as well. Otherwise you have to fabricate a mount to make the 899 tank work.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks jarelj so with the 1199 frame+ tank no further mods required?
We've done it on a couple track bikes, and from what I recall that was all that was required. For a street bike, there might be more parts from the tail that you'd need from an 1199, I'm not sure on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the parts catalouge it seems the tail is quite identically, i’ll give it a try. Thanks again jarelj

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am just starting to do this conversion,have the 1199r tank and just trying to find a 1199 rear subframe and while it all apart going to put a 1199 mag cylinder head on,i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just ordered the parts required,from memory you need the pin that is at the back of the 1199 tank and rear tank mounting brackets,fuel pump 100% the same was advised to change the fuel line pick up to a ali one,once parts arrive i will get it done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1199 subframe conversion all done,i changed to a 1199 tank at the same time,it was all a straight swap,i just had to buy the rear mounting brackets for the 1199 tank,the ali subframe is way lighter than the steel 899 item.Just to add i did not like the r tank so changed it to a tricolor tank with the white decal.
IMG_8352.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
wow you swapped the head cover as well.. how much did that cost you? well, i wanted to do that, but is too far for me to do.. great bike mate!
The head cover is off a 1199,£20 off ebay,shame not to at that price and with the subframe off it was a 5 minute job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts