I wouldn't bother waiting for the S version, my dealer reckons if they do do one it could be some time, the standard 899 is fantastic, and I couldn't see an S version would give you much more. Go for it, ya know ya want to.........I'm thinking of selling my 1098s tricolour to get an 899,
That said I wish my 1098 was red it would make my decision
A bit more easy! I don't see any point going to a 848.
Also had the thought of waiting for the se or s version of the 899.
I like the looks of both and 150 ish hp is plenty!