Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of selling my 1098s tricolour to get an 899,
That said I wish my 1098 was red it would make my decision
A bit more easy! I don't see any point going to a 848.
Also had the thought of waiting for the se or s version of the 899.
I like the looks of both and 150 ish hp is plenty!

KD

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm thinking of selling my 1098s tricolour to get an 899,
That said I wish my 1098 was red it would make my decision
A bit more easy! I don't see any point going to a 848.
Also had the thought of waiting for the se or s version of the 899.
I like the looks of both and 150 ish hp is plenty!

KD
I wouldn't bother waiting for the S version, my dealer reckons if they do do one it could be some time, the standard 899 is fantastic, and I couldn't see an S version would give you much more. Go for it, ya know ya want to.........

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I don't know why people are convinced they will even do an S model. There is no 848S. The 848 Corse SE doesn't add much other than the electronics, which is an inferior package to the 899. The 748 and 749 were both race bikes and got the R model upgrade for homologation, but there was no 848R either because it never raced in WSS. The 899 won't be raced (other than Duc's own series), and an upgrade package for it would bring it dangerously close to 1199 territory. I just don't see it happening.

·
Registered
793 Posts

I think there is room for some special editions. Different paint, Termi's and nicer wheels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Agree with Evolution

If they released an S version with Ohlins/Termis etc it would almost be the same price as the 1199. A big selling point of the 899 here in Oz is it is 7k cheaper than its big brother.

Cheers

Armando

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If the future test drive goes well Ill get an 899! When that time comes I hope to have enuf saved to keep the tricolour too! **** I could always paint the 899 red white and green ! Like any of these bikes need to advertise where they originated. Good points on the se/s it's already SE equipped .

KD

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd wait for the S only if also came with an extra 10HP like the new Monster 1200. Other wise the stock suspension can be tweaked to perform as good as the basic Ohlins you'd get.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you're thinking of tricolour colours you may just be abel to switch it up by getting and 1199 tricolour top fairing. I don't kno if it is the same size and fittings but it looks like the striping doesn't go onto the surrounding panels.

I'm thinking of doing that in the future and getting some Ducati Corse badges for the fairing

:cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I look at the 899 as second to the 1199. they are both very similar.

so think of it as an upgrade from the 1098 to an 1199 :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts