New rear tire option - Page 2 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 06-03-2015, 07:10 AM

Garage
Mmh, 16k km's, of course. And pigs can fly.
You do know that the 899 has more than 1 gear, right? There is a second, third and so on up to a sixth.
Sounds like you never gonna need new tires, they come automatically with a new bike.
Genie likes this.

Braking makes the rims dirty.

2004 Aprilia RSV RR / 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

post #12 of 20 Old 06-03-2015, 07:37 AM

@Silverhawk, yeah i know about more than 1 gear, i usually sit in 3rd or 4th doing around 130km/hr 6-7k rpm

Current Bike
2014 Ducati 899 Panigale (RED)

Previous Bike
2013 Honda CBR500RA (Black)

Sydney Ducatista -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM

Garage
Well, then I can only come up with one explanation for this kinda extraordinary performance: You're on the wrong side of the road. You're all a bunch of wrong-way drivers!
Usually here the right-hand lane is the one to drive on. There the tarmac is designed in a very particular way: to give the most grip when driving there in a forward direction. Since you're all using our lane kinda backwards, for you the grippy part of it is eliminated. It's like stroking a dog through the fur. In one direction, it is smooth and soft (that's where you come into play), in the other direction, it is rough and bristly (that's where we got our knee on the ground). If all of you over there are driving on the wrong side, it is no wonder your tires last a full motorcycle life.
Thegecko likes this.

Braking makes the rims dirty.

2004 Aprilia RSV RR / 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

post #14 of 20 Old 06-03-2015, 01:40 PM

I'm at 21,500 miles since last April and soon to be on my 6th set of tires. I'm averaging 5-6k on a set of the Rossos (front never wears out but replace both at once).

Going to try out the Q3s this next week. Interested in this new 180/60!

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #15 of 20 Old 10-04-2015, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
We started getting some of the new Supersport Evo's last week, but not the 180/60 rear size yet, those are supposed to start arriving next week. So far looks like a great tire, we had a couple people running them at our track days last weekend and had good feedback on them as far as grip and feel.
Gidday Jarelj,

Have you had any more feed back on the tyre mentioned above? And RRP?

Cheers

Ducati 959 Panigale 2016
Ducati 750 GT 1972
Ducati 250 Mach 1 1966

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 20 Old 10-05-2015, 09:18 AM

Yessss, I'd love to try this tire. Updates?

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #17 of 20 Old 10-05-2015, 10:51 AM

Had a few people run them this year, feedback was good, grip and wear on the track were acceptable but the grip was not quite at the level that a faster track rider will want. You would need to step up to the full-on DOT race tire, the Power Cup Evo to get the grip. In my opinion they're still a step down from the Pirellis though, I still think the Supercorsa SP is the best "track/street" tire available for these bikes.
XCLR8TN, Thegecko and Mariner like this.
post #18 of 20 Old 10-05-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Had a few people run them this year, feedback was good, grip and wear on the track were acceptable but the grip was not quite at the level that a faster track rider will want. You would need to step up to the full-on DOT race tire, the Power Cup Evo to get the grip. In my opinion they're still a step down from the Pirellis though, I still think the Supercorsa SP is the best "track/street" tire available for these bikes.
Step down from the Supercorsas, the Rosso Corsas, or the Rosso IIs?

I don't think I necessarily need the grip of the Rosso Corsas and would trade more mileage for it.....

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #19 of 20 Old 10-05-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
Step down from the Supercorsas, the Rosso Corsas, or the Rosso IIs?

I don't think I necessarily need the grip of the Rosso Corsas and would trade more mileage for it.....
Step down from the Supercorsa SP's as far as track performance. As far as mileage, I don't know.

Jarel
post #20 of 20 Old 10-05-2015, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the update Jarelj.
Just replaced my front with a Rosso ll, so I'll c how that goes but so far so good.
I'm a bit like u Jessika, prepared to forfeit a bit of grip at the rear for a bit more mileage.

Ducati 959 Panigale 2016
Ducati 750 GT 1972
Ducati 250 Mach 1 1966

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page