Which Earplugs? - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 03-22-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Which Earplugs?

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this. I did search but found nothing specific.

After my first 500km on the 899 I definitely need to find some good earplugs to save my ears. She's a beautiful bike with a fantastic sound but my job depends on my hearing being pretty good. I have to find something better than my squashy foam ones. My ears are ringing after a 1h ride this afternoon.

What are the best earplugs?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Custom ones
rosscraw likes this.
post #3 of 29 Old 03-22-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdZer0 View Post
Custom ones

I'll second that...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 03-22-2014, 06:39 PM

I'll third it. I got some custom earplugs made by visiting a show about 9 years ago, and they have to rate as one of my best purchases.

Cost more obviously, but what price hearing.

Wouldnt use anything else now, brilliant fit, easy to clean, cant fault them.

RBW.
post #5 of 29 Old 03-23-2014, 02:46 AM

Auritech earplugs.
post #6 of 29 Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Air View Post
Forgive me if there is already a thread on this. I did search but found nothing specific.

After my first 500km on the 899 I definitely need to find some good earplugs to save my ears. She's a beautiful bike with a fantastic sound but my job depends on my hearing being pretty good. I have to find something better than my squashy foam ones. My ears are ringing after a 1h ride this afternoon.

What are the best earplugs?

Thanks

Check this 2 links out

Hearing Advice For Motorcyclists | Allearplugs.com

Alpine Motosafe | Allearplugs.com
post #7 of 29 Old 03-23-2014, 03:57 AM

Woah woah woah. You're clearly not using your 'squishy foam earplugs' right. Squish, roll, lick and stick. Get 'em right down your ear canal. If you're coming back from a ride with ringing ears you're doing it wrong.
bp7178 likes this.
post #8 of 29 Old 03-23-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
Woah woah woah. You're clearly not using your 'squishy foam earplugs' right. Squish, roll, lick and stick. Get 'em right down your ear canal. If you're coming back from a ride with ringing ears you're doing it wrong.
Yep, and to help even more, use your right hand over your head and pull the left ear up, this straightens the canal and they go right in, makes a big difference..
scshirley and bp7178 like this.
post #9 of 29 Old 03-23-2014, 05:25 AM

and vicky versa....
post #10 of 29 Old 03-23-2014, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
I think you're right northerner. Sometimes they work better than others (obviously depending how well I jam them in). Today I had them squashed right in and they expanded nicely. They worked the best they ever have so far but my ears are still ringing now after a good hour or so riding. They are clearly not good enough.

Thanks for the links Ugrin. I like the look of the Alpine ones since they claim to still allow you to hear road noise that we "need to hear". I found this link last night and ordered some of these: SilentEar Reusable Ear Plugs, Orange body w/Clear Flange (NRR 32) - Consumer Packaged Reusable Ear Plugs

I will get some of the Alpine ones as well, then I can use whichever ones I find are best for me. When I get them, which could be a while since they are baing posted to me in the Middle East, I'll report back what they are like.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page