What backpacks do you guys use? - Page 4 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 04:02 PM

Garage
DOn't forget the optional "back protector" you can throw into the backpacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax View Post
One more vote for the Kriega R25. Or anything by Kriega, really.

Riding with this pack changed my perspective on gear dramatically. It's the most comfortable bag I've ever come across, even after a couple hundred miles.

It also feels like an extra layer of protection. When I ride without it, I get a weird feeling like I've forgotten to put my seatbelt on.

2015 Ducati 899 (Red)
Sato Racing rearsets, Sato Racing engine sliders, Sato Racing brake lever guard, SpeedyMoto fork and swing arm sliders, CRG CF levers, Shorai lithium battery, Evotech lower radiator guard v2, Ohlins TTX GP, Ohlins NIX 30 Fork Cartridge, LED headlight, BST wheels with ceramic bearings, Superlite front & rear sprocket, SBS Front RS Brake Pads, NRC fender eliminator & integrated turn signals.

2016 S1000RR (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzjono View Post
I use the Ogio Mach 5, pricey but it looks looks awesome and fits very well. The hardshell is really useful and I love the quick release shoulder straps. Makes it so much easier to get on and off when wearing a jacket and helmet.
I pick up mine on Saturday. Great reviews. I need to use it as my daily backpack so this one seems to work best for that.

Apologies to the OP for the hi-jack...

Ride safe!
Wachuko

2014 HD Road King CVO
2013 HD Forty-Eight
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S (to buy September 2015)
post #33 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 04:38 PM

Garage
You do have a very good point there. I tried to use my Kriega R-25 off bike and since its designed to sit a lot lower on your back to take the weight off your shoulders it would be slightly uncomfortable to use daily off bike. Definitely worth trying it out nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I pick up mine on Saturday. Great reviews. I need to use it as my daily backpack so this one seems to work best for that.

Apologies to the OP for the hi-jack...

2015 Ducati 899 (Red)
Sato Racing rearsets, Sato Racing engine sliders, Sato Racing brake lever guard, SpeedyMoto fork and swing arm sliders, CRG CF levers, Shorai lithium battery, Evotech lower radiator guard v2, Ohlins TTX GP, Ohlins NIX 30 Fork Cartridge, LED headlight, BST wheels with ceramic bearings, Superlite front & rear sprocket, SBS Front RS Brake Pads, NRC fender eliminator & integrated turn signals.

2016 S1000RR (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 PM

this is by far my favorite backpack.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D1SMES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I pack my work clothes, shoes, lunch etc..

2014 899 AWS
2014 Mini Cooper
2008 E92 M3
2007 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Intel Core i7-4770K - Radeon R9 295X2 8GB - Samsung 840 EVO SSD - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Memory - Koolance Custome Cooling
post #35 of 45 Old 07-26-2014, 11:31 PM

Cool

Got my Ogio today. This thing is perfect for what I want!! It can accommodate all the stuff I want/need in it... now I can retire my old Targus and also find a new home for the GIVI.

Nzjono, alfredogtx and Ducati90 like this.

Ride safe!
Wachuko

2014 HD Road King CVO
2013 HD Forty-Eight
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S (to buy September 2015)
post #36 of 45 Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 PM

I have the Mach 5, and it is a great bag. Ability to expand is excellent, and some of the extra perks it offers over the 3 and 1 made it the one for me...
wachuko likes this.
post #37 of 45 Old 07-27-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Got my Ogio today. This thing is perfect for what I want!! It can accommodate all the stuff I want/need in it... now I can retire my old Targus and also find a new home for the GIVI.

Glad you were able to get it! It looks sweet and I am sure you'll like the feel
wachuko likes this.

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast

'14 899 Panigale,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
post #38 of 45 Old 05-15-2016, 02:14 AM

Bringing up old sh*t

Has anyone tried the Ducati Downtown Backpack?

Ducati Downtown Backpack | eBay

I like the look and color scheme. I don't need a lot of room, just a backpack to hold a few things.

Also, can someone post a pic of them wearing the Ogio. I wanna see what it looks like on. Thanks!
post #39 of 45 Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 AM

Garage
I'm still using my Dainese Backpack R after maybe three years? They don't even make them anymore its so old. Its still in perfect condition after a lot of use and is very well designed so I haven't needed a new one yet. It has a really useful helmet holder built into the back of it that I use when I go to races. You can still find old stock new ones online I think.
Ogio seems to have been bought/licensed by Dainese now

D-MACH BACKPACK - Dainese
post #40 of 45 Old 05-16-2016, 03:41 PM

i use a Kriega R30 when I take a trip and its awesome. Its big, but generally if i'm taking this bag its because i'm hauling around a 17" laptop, shoes, chargers, and a cover. It will accomodate a metric pantload of gear and can feel small or big depending on how much you stuff in it. I was able to load it up with my laptop, shoes, chargers, cover, clothes for a weekend, and a DSLR when i went to MotoGP last summer. The pack is soft, so it won't really protect my laptop from snapping if i fall and land back first, but the backpack is very comfortable even when fully loaded. The main pouch is waterproof and after seeing it in action, i'd believe i could ride through a monsoon and the contents inside would still be perfectly dry. The back protector add-on really does feel very protective and reassures me more than even the back protector in my Rev'it jacket. As someone else said, it feels like i forgot to put on a seatbelt when i'm not wearing it.

If you're in for a very functional soft bag, i think it'd be very hard to beat a Kriega R30 or R25
x3thelast likes this.

Ryan

2014 Ducati 899 Panigale (Carbon)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Range Rover Evoque (White)
2006 Lotus Elise (Black)
2003 Nissan 350Z (Black)
1974 Datsun 260Z (Red)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page