My next Litre Bike - Page 3 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
View Poll Results: Which bike should I burden myself with?
Aprilia RSv4 13 41.94%
BMW S1000RR 8 25.81%
2015+ Yamaha R1 5 16.13%
You're complete dolt to get something other than the 899 6 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 07-18-2016, 02:40 PM

Garage
If Ducati were to come out with a production 4, I would definitely be making room for one in my garage.

I want the R, but would prefer it if it came with the non-homologated Akrapovic and electronically adjustable Ohlins suspension similar to the previous R. The SL internals of the new R make moving to the 1299S, either the Anniversario S or just S, instead less appealing.

Having the same HP but with less torque is fine since I seem to think that the additional 6.5 lb/ft is trivial.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 07-18-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
"No. There will not be a replacement of this kind in 2017 as these rumours have suggested. I can confirm there is no officially confirmed project at Ducati for a four-cylinder engine to replace the Panigale V-twin. There is no Ducati four-cylinder superbike planned.

“We have a V4 MotoGP bike of course. Maybe someone got confused!

“We consider and discuss many, many things but that includes many things that are far from actually happening – but that is natural for a company and normal. I know every project that has been officially approved at Ducati and there is nothing like this right now.”
- Ducati CEO

Don't wait on it ...
I take this as simply meaning we won't see it for the 2017 model year. I expect it in 2018. If Aprilia had a better support network I'd probably pick up the RSV4 RF now. But they don't and I really like the convenience and service at AMS Ducati Dallas, so I'm going to wait and see what Ducati does
post #23 of 25 Old 07-18-2016, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
The feedback is much welcomed especially since you have all the same 899+S1000R credentials : )

It's amazing how many people say the 899 feels light compared to a liter bike. Especially when there is only 20lbs or less difference between the bikes ... Even the 1199/1299 riders say the 899 feels lighter even though the 1199/1299 is clearly a lighter bike... The geometry really plays a big role.
Keep in mind that I have the Rotobox wheels, magnesium case, Termi, and other lighter components on my 899 which brings the overall weight somewhere below the 400 lbs. mark. As soon as you cross below that magic number, everything else will give you the impression that it is Godzilla. I never thought I would be able to, but (honestly) I can get on and off the bike without the kickstand now and THAT wasn't ever possible before. I am 5'11 and around 150 lbs without gear - 30 inch inseam.

Though, I do have a Shorai on the RR as well now, so with all the weight reduction on it that I have done, I have to admit and agree that the geometry DOES greatly influence the feel. Especially since the RSV4 is reportedly very agile.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 08-24-2016, 11:13 PM

Excuse me if this wasn't already covered, but why not an 1199 or a 1299?

2015 Panigale 899 - White
Termi Slip Ons, Rapidbike EVO, Sprint P08, NRC FEK,Iridium Windscreen, CRG CF Levers,Progrip 717, Sato Engine Sliders, DP Racing Seat,Rizoma (Pegs, Bar Ends, Frame Plugs, Oil Cap),Phillips 5k Bulbs, DP CF Tank Protector, CNC Gas Cap, VB Decals, ProTi Bolts, Ducabike Front Slider, CF Mirrors, CF Front / Rear Fender, Seat Cowl, Shock Guard, Heel Guard, Ignition Guard, CF Kickstand
post #25 of 25 Old 02-18-2018, 08:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
If Ducati were to come out with a production 4, I would definitely be making room for one in my garage.

I want the R, but would prefer it if it came with the non-homologated Akrapovic and electronically adjustable Ohlins suspension similar to the previous R. The SL internals of the new R make moving to the 1299S, either the Anniversario S or just S, instead less appealing.

Having the same HP but with less torque is fine since I seem to think that the additional 6.5 lb/ft is trivial.
Your clairvoyance was pretty close to perfect accuracy and your wish has been more or less served.
https://www.ducati.com/ca/en/bikes/panigale/panigale-v4

Current rides:
2016 Ducati Panigale 959 (Arctic White)
2016 Ducati Monster 1200R (Thrilling Black)

Last edited by DarR; 02-18-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page