Hey from Sydney - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By able duc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-23-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Hey from Sydney

Hey guys, bought my 899 about 4 months ago but was serving in the Middle East until yesterday.

I bought her sight unseen and she is a beauty.

I am currently in the process of having her registered, blue slip'd too (bought from QLD).

I tell you what comprehensive insurance on her is a killer!!

NRMA seem the best so far at $1200 odd. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-23-2016, 04:32 PM

Im with Shannons, in darwin, about $60 a month
post #3 of 6 Old 06-23-2016, 06:43 PM

Garage
Insurers are selling fear. I have 6 bikes and 4 tin tops, none are insured.

You can do a lot of repairs yourself for $1200
Tell em they're dreamin
Mariner likes this.

899 project - rapidbike evo/shift assist - M4 calipers/330 rotors - hel brake lines/abs deleted - oz racing - 1299 headers/termi ti cans - flat link/spring - dp rearsets - 1299 slipper/mag covers - 1299 stator/flywheel - ti bolts a plenty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Site Vendor

Welcome to the site! You must be excited to get it on the road and go for a ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

899 Panigale Discount code 899PANIGALE
post #5 of 6 Old 06-29-2016, 02:24 AM

Garage
Welcome Deaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
Insurers are selling fear. I have 6 bikes and 4 tin tops, none are insured.

You can do a lot of repairs yourself for $1200
Tell em they're dreamin
Nice to have a choice. It's mandatory here - no insurance, no ride. In some ways it makes sense though. It is not financially draining if you crash and it's just your bike that needs fixing. My big fear is hitting some douche in an expensive car here and having to pay for car repairs. This is not just paranoia - a mate on a 675R hit a shuttle bus a few months ago and his insurance had to cover some insane cost of the shuttle bus repair plus lost revenue by the bus being out of commission.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-29-2016, 02:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
Welcome Deaks.

Nice to have a choice. It's mandatory here - no insurance, no ride. In some ways it makes sense though. It is not financially draining if you crash and it's just your bike that needs fixing. My big fear is hitting some douche in an expensive car here and having to pay for car repairs. This is not just paranoia - a mate on a 675R hit a shuttle bus a few months ago and his insurance had to cover some insane cost of the shuttle bus repair plus lost revenue by the bus being out of commission.
Ahhhhhh sorry a misunderstanding. I have '3rd Party Property' on vehicles but not comprehensive insurance. 3rd Party pays for the other vehicle but you have to fix your own.

899 project - rapidbike evo/shift assist - M4 calipers/330 rotors - hel brake lines/abs deleted - oz racing - 1299 headers/termi ti cans - flat link/spring - dp rearsets - 1299 slipper/mag covers - 1299 stator/flywheel - ti bolts a plenty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page