Termi Slip-Ons... Install Time? - Page 3 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 Old 07-08-2019, 02:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arexniba View Post
Thanks so much for the advice helishmeli! I miss working on mechanical stuff, it's been years. It's funny because as you get older, have a good job, and money to pay for installs, you simply just get lazy to do these things. I remember spending hours to swap a full exhaust on my cars. But now, it's so much easier to pay someone.

My philosophy is to get to know the bike first because that helps to not get bs'd by a mechanic. You will know the basics and that will help inform you if you have a legit or liar for a mechanic. lol. I've learned this the hard way over the years, but that has contributed to my knowledge on it now. So, I want to do the same with the motorcycle.

Anywho, I am currently waiting for a Termi distributor to confirm the y-pipe that the previous owner didn't include If it clears, then I'll have to wait for a few days as it'll be coming from Canada. I have a car as a back up and my work provides a shuttle. So, I can actually take my time to make sure I can do a clean install of these. Do you recommend any sites on where I can buy the appropriate Ducati tools? Or guide me to a link that gives good advice on what tools I can purchase at any tool store?
The tools are pretty straight forward. Just standard auto tools. I think it was standard 3-8mm hex bits, a ratchet maybe, and a torque wrench if the termi manual gives you exact torques. Check the manual, it should tell you what's needed.

No special ducati tools needed for the akrapovic, so can someone back me up if it's the same for the termi? I think the termi comes with an up-map, but I don't think that needs anything special to install either.

A rear stand would be the most expensive tool, pitbull makes the best ones but you can get a cheaper one. You would also need rear spools to use the stand (unless you get a swingarm lift stand but those are harder to use).

This video might be worth a watch, just ignore the headers part as you are only doing the slip-on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 07-08-2019, 03:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by helishmeli View Post
The tools are pretty straight forward. Just standard auto tools. I think it was standard 3-8mm hex bits, a ratchet maybe, and a torque wrench if the termi manual gives you exact torques. Check the manual, it should tell you what's needed.

No special ducati tools needed for the akrapovic, so can someone back me up if it's the same for the termi? I think the termi comes with an up-map, but I don't think that needs anything special to install either.

A rear stand would be the most expensive tool, pitbull makes the best ones but you can get a cheaper one. You would also need rear spools to use the stand (unless you get a swingarm lift stand but those are harder to use).

This video might be worth a watch, just ignore the headers part as you are only doing the slip-on. Termignoni Exhaust install (Ducati 1199 Panigale).

Thanks so much for the guidance here helishmeli! I'll be buying some extra tools on Amazon. As for the Pitbull stand, I have aseen a few for the 899 going for $150 used on Craigslist. Hopefully I can get one soon!

Also thanks for the YouTube vid. I thought about doing this on my own after seeing this DIY video too, what do you think:
post #23 of 23 Old 07-08-2019, 04:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arexniba View Post
Thanks so much for the guidance here helishmeli! I'll be buying some extra tools on Amazon. As for the Pitbull stand, I have aseen a few for the 899 going for $150 used on Craigslist. Hopefully I can get one soon!

Also thanks for the YouTube vid. I thought about doing this on my own after seeing this DIY video too, what do you think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJuIROTDWA
No problem mate!

I wish that video was around when I was doing the installation last year, looks fantastic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page