Thinking about a exhaust - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ryder

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about a exhaust

Good Day to you everyone!!

I just picked up my Duc 899 and am trying to figure out what to do about a exhaust. I have heard about the Stock Cored Exhaust and it seems to sound great but!! I am not sure what in person it would sound like and do not want to take that risk at this point. I wanted to get a opinion from you all here about one that I found and was wondering if anyone had anything positive or negative to say about this. Here is the link below. Let me know what you all think. I am new to Ducati and I want to make sure I make the right choice on what I decide.

Motorcycle Exhaust System 51mm Pipe Muffler Silencer Street Sport Bike Carbon | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-12-2016, 11:26 AM

I wanted a comp werkes as my triumph R has it and I love the raw metal look but sc project in person sounds so good imo. more affordable too but the lines on the exhaust are questionable to some. and ebay pipes are hard to find because we have bottom mount/ exit exhaust. arrow also has their exhaust out other than that its termi or akro
post #3 of 7 Old 02-12-2016, 08:56 PM

Don't think that one will work ...

Core yours for 400-500 or buy a real exhaust for 1500-3000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-12-2016, 11:17 PM

hack job vs nice and shiny

post #5 of 7 Old 02-13-2016, 01:28 AM

I cored mine, and had that for ages. Though it sounded pretty good, definately better than stock.

Then had an opportunity to buy a set of new termis for AU$1000. And I have to say, its a HUGE difference. Sounds amazing now! Made the cored exhaust sound boatlike by comparison.

There is a massive difference between the stock sound and termis. Well worth it if you can find them on sale somewhere.
Sqweegel and Ge-spot like this.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-13-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

I am convinced.... Leave the bike as it is while I save up for a better future for me and my bike to get her a better exhaust system she will appreciate. I hate stock so much. That dam sounds it puts out lol. But at lease I can speed some and turn less cop heads. Happened today while merging on freeway lol.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by will415 View Post
I am convinced.... Leave the bike as it is while I save up for a better future for me and my bike to get her a better exhaust system she will appreciate. I hate stock so much. That dam sounds it puts out lol. But at lease I can speed some and turn less cop heads. Happened today while merging on freeway lol.

Sensible plan... there is nothing wrong with any of the other options. However, the right thing to do is wait and get something you will enjoy.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page