Cored exhaust info thread - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
phL

Cored exhaust info thread

Hi guys,

Phil here from the 1199 forum.

I do the coring/loudifying on the stock exhausts, saw that some members on here already have my mod installed.

Will post up some pics of my recent work and some vidz.

Here's one at the Tail of the dragon:

http://youtu.be/CUS2WjYWkw4?t=7m34s

wait for the last bike, at around 7:55 you can already hear it...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 12-30-2014, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
phL

some pics

i used to do the VHT coating on some exhausts, not anymore though...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hot cans1.jpg
Views:	2206
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	17865   Click image for larger version

Name:	hot covers.JPG
Views:	1482
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	17873  
post #3 of 38 Old 12-30-2014, 04:08 PM

what do you use to black the exhaust now?
and don't you have some different exhaust outlet options now? I was looking through that thread a while back...
price?

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 12-30-2014, 04:48 PM

I'm assuming you can't do this without computer mods and a dynotune, right?
Do you disable the exhaust valve as well with this setup?

Sounds quite mean
post #5 of 38 Old 12-30-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
phL

can't do any coating at the house any more. (the black one on my bike was an experiment with high temp paint for BBQ grills - forget that!)

yes, there are 2 types of screens, the hex mesh and the diamond mesh with the opening.

also i can adjust the sound levels, from loud (a bit loder than stock), over to very loud (like open akras), to really loud (which is really loud)

i can achieve these levels by different cuts on the internal piping and the size of the outlet bypasses.

price is $390 plus return shipping.

shoot me an email to: [email protected] with your zip code and i get you the details, my exhaust removal playlist and a copy of the written instructions.

i had special requests for smoothing out welds, brushing, polishing, etc. can do that, all possible for reasonable cost.

if i get the exhausts with the 2 top hangers and their 4 screws i will always include proper safety wiring at no additional cost .the bolts get hot and loosen up no matter how tight you wrench them.

i take pride in the job and guarantee careful handling and packaging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screamer racing covers.JPG
Views:	1452
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	17881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1538.jpg
Views:	2607
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	17889   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1536.jpg
Views:	1644
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	17897   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1443.jpg
Views:	1413
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	17905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131027_082244_516.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	17913  

modded exhaust for 899/1199:$450 /959/1299:$550 - more flow, more sound, less heat ---> mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

also offering:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 38 Old 12-30-2014, 08:46 PM

no options for a "deep" sound like what we hear on from the termi exhaust? Lol, that's what I love. You send ppl's cats back or do you keep them?
thanks for coming over to this forum too

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

post #7 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 AM

Kriss- the cats are punched out of the exhaust, once you go this route- no way looking back.

Phil- once I get my exhaust back... This Friday- I'll shoot some pictures. I'm still debating whether I will paint parts of the exhaust black with Duracoat.

Duracoat works well on my AR barrel, should be good enough on the muffler. Plus it touches up well...

2014 Panigale : rizoma fender eliminator, XPEL clear bra, CW intergrated rear tail, SAS removal, block off plates, zero slop throttle, rapid bike race module, cored exhaust, intergrated front turn signals, zero gravity corse windshield, bar end mirror, and front brake protector.
post #8 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckandpaint View Post
Kriss- the cats are punched out of the exhaust, once you go this route- no way looking back. ...

I meant are the customers cat returned to them with the exhaust...they are worth a pretty penny y'know... if he's keeping them, that's a nice chunk of change he can make on the side of project work. Cats have platinum in them and can scrapped for money

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

post #9 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 12:03 PM

could be why its <$400 (pretty cheap compaired to aftermarket exhaust) either way nice work. Do any mods need to be done to the ECU with the quieter options? I imagine with the "really loud" version its so freeflowing ECU mod is recomended?
post #10 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 03:00 PM

I don't keeping the cats will yield out platinum like you think- the time and effort into selling all that metal would be like stepping over dollars to collect quarters. But I understand your point of view :-). I used to work in an automotive shop and we had a guy hoarding all the used cats... Then again, he was also the same guy who collected cans- times must have been rough....

2014 Panigale : rizoma fender eliminator, XPEL clear bra, CW intergrated rear tail, SAS removal, block off plates, zero slop throttle, rapid bike race module, cored exhaust, intergrated front turn signals, zero gravity corse windshield, bar end mirror, and front brake protector.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page