Cored exhaust info thread - Page 2 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 02:14 PM

our cats are small, but you can fetch $20-$40 for a used car cat that had over 100mi. These are new, I'm sure he can way more than that for each since... Just wondering, doesn't matter, I'm down for it if the sound can be made deeper

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 06:53 PM

Heh, just had a mental image of a crazy cat man who hoards cat converters. When people walk past his house he yells at them and throws cats, like the crazy lady from the Simpsons, only these would hurt more and wouldn't run off after being thrown.

Actually, I think there's a guy down the street who might do that with old broken cars...
post #13 of 38 Old 12-31-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
could be why its <$400 (pretty cheap compaired to aftermarket exhaust) either way nice work. Do any mods need to be done to the ECU with the quieter options? I imagine with the "really loud" version its so freeflowing ECU mod is recomended?
I opted for the really loud version, so I took the approach of using the rapid bike race controller. I also eliminated the entire secondary air system, charcoals Evan. System, and opted for block off plates to eliminate inaccurate 02 readings.

2014 Panigale : rizoma fender eliminator, XPEL clear bra, CW intergrated rear tail, SAS removal, block off plates, zero slop throttle, rapid bike race module, cored exhaust, intergrated front turn signals, zero gravity corse windshield, bar end mirror, and front brake protector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 Old 01-01-2015, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
phL

i looked up getting cash for the cats (no interest from recyclers) or doing it myself (way too scary with all the chemicals needed) so i dumped them.

if you want you can get the (sometimes pretty banged up) cats and all other parts back with the shipment.

modded exhaust for 899/1199:$450 /959/1299:$550 - more flow, more sound, less heat ---> mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

also offering:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 38 Old 02-04-2015, 01:34 PM

Hi Phil, do you supply the exhaust grills separately? It's easier for me to leave it stock as some UK tracks have ultra strict db regs but I love the look of those mesh inserts
post #16 of 38 Old 02-11-2015, 01:37 PM

Phil does good work- so here's his work and some of mine. I've decided to polish my exhaust and headers to a close-to-mirror finish. I went through the steps of 800,1000,1200,1500,2000, rough cut compound, and fine cut compound. I then painted what I couldn't get my buffer to with VHT Hi-Temp Header paint, and then Cerakoted the heatshield sleeves to Tungsten - All Hi-Temp rated. I did this because I don't believe in a 3K + Exhaust system with marginal gains.

XCLR8TN and phL like this.

2014 Panigale : rizoma fender eliminator, XPEL clear bra, CW intergrated rear tail, SAS removal, block off plates, zero slop throttle, rapid bike race module, cored exhaust, intergrated front turn signals, zero gravity corse windshield, bar end mirror, and front brake protector.
post #17 of 38 Old 02-11-2015, 03:49 PM

niiiice...none of it back on the bike yet?

what is this cerakoted stuff?

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
post #18 of 38 Old 02-11-2015, 05:57 PM

Going to be on the bike maybe.... This weekend... I'm slow like a snail with this one. Cerakote is some awesome stuff- well known I the firearms industry, excellent solvent and abrasion resistance! I'll post pics of it installed soon.

post #19 of 38 Old 03-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Here is what it looks like- that is a completely stock exhaust header- all tabs grounded and polished- cored stock exhaust properly coated. PITA to install and not scratch...
XCLR8TN and phL like this.

post #20 of 38 Old 03-02-2015, 02:58 PM

That is going to look awesome when it gets a little heat in it. I did the same to mine before sending it out to have it ceramic coated. I'm hoping the radiant heat isn't too bad without the shield.
Are you considering any type of heat shield for the shock reservoir?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page