2015 899 Check Engine Light after start up - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-15-2019, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

2015 899 Check Engine Light after start up

Wondering if anyone can assist please.

My bike is throwing a CEL after start up, within the first few minutes of running. The bike doesn't go into limp mode but says Engine Error in the menus.
If I then turn the ignition off and on again and start it up it doesn't come back on and I can ride for a full tank of fuel without any issues at all.

I've had the dealership plug it in and the code that comes up is P0150 which seems to relate to an O2 sensor. I am told it's Vertical Cylinder one but not sure if that is correct? Would that be the one under the seat or down on the side pipe?

When I google it comes up with things like "P0150 code definition O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)"

I have the Termi exhaust and Up-Map

Although the bike runs totally fine I'd obviously like to get it sorted. Any suggestions of things to try before I spend 190 on a new sensor and fitting at the dealership.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-15-2019, 04:30 PM

I think your best bet is just to replace the sensor. I’m not familiar with the sensor locations to tell you which one is correct for your code though.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-16-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

I have now bought a new sensor so can troubleshoot which is the faulty one. Going to be a right pain doing the one under the seat, looks like I have to lift the tank and subframe to get it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-16-2019, 06:20 PM

Garage
It's not as bad as you think but yes tank and subframe will make it easier as well as right mid fairing.

But in saying that is sensor 1 not the front cylinder? sorry I have my fairings on at the moment so can't check. But if that's the case you won't need to lift the subframe just the side fairing, you might have to google it.

899 project - rapidbike evo/shift assist - M4 calipers/330 rotors - hel brake lines/abs deleted - oz racing - 1299 headers/termi ti cans - flat link/spring - dp rearsets - 1299 slipper/mag covers - 1299 stator/flywheel - ti bolts a plenty.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-17-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the support

It's sensor 1 of "bank 2" though which I think is the vertical cylinder? Once the new sensor arrives I'll play with the plugs and see which one it is for sure.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-17-2019, 05:33 AM

Garage
I'm sorry I should have read you post properly, if it's been diagnosed as vertical then there you go.
Good luck with it and let us know how you go.

899 project - rapidbike evo/shift assist - M4 calipers/330 rotors - hel brake lines/abs deleted - oz racing - 1299 headers/termi ti cans - flat link/spring - dp rearsets - 1299 slipper/mag covers - 1299 stator/flywheel - ti bolts a plenty.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-20-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

All fixed! It was the sensor on the exhaust under the seat.

Had to lift the subframe up a bit to get better access to it and then remove the black side panel bits and the ECU fairing to sort the cable out.

Took me a few hours but very satisfying to have done it myself rather than 190 part + labour!

The faulty sensor looked perfectly fine, the wire and the plug looked perfect, guess it had just failed internally.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-21-2019, 03:31 AM

Garage
Well done old boy!
Nice to kick a goal once in a while

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page