Speedometer is flashing dashes!! - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-11-2016, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Speedometer is flashing dashes!!

I trailered my bike from FL to NC and when I went to ride it the speedometer is just dashes flashing, stopped or riding. No speed reading. Also dtc and abs are flashing so Im sure those arent working. Some kinda speed sensor I guess? Something must have happened during the trailer ride. Any ideas? I only have 3 days here to enjoy the bike and mountains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-11-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Also I looked at it and my friend looked at it. Hes very mechanical but doesnt know much about Ducatis. We didnt notice anything obvious. Checked where the sensor are front and back, wires look ok.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-12-2016, 01:04 AM

Garage
My 899 kinda had the same problem this morning. I went to start it and got a rapid clicking sound, which tells me the battery has low voltage. So I went into the dashboard settings to check voltage and saw 11.7V. I turned the bike off for a few seconds then tried again to start the bike. This time the tachometer, oil light, EBC (dashes), DTC (dashes), and DQS indicators were all flashing, and the fan was constantly on. So I took my Grom to work.

I came back this afternoon and tried to start my 899 again. This time I got the rapid clicking again and "low" when checking battery voltage. I'm thinking my dashboard went crazy this morning due to low battery voltage. Maybe yours did the same?

2007 883 Sportster (sold)
2007 Buell XB12R (sold)
2015 889 Panigale
2009 Sym DD50 82cc stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-12-2016, 03:23 AM

Did you try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.
Had an issue after a after a spin kind of burnout in sand and my ABS light came one and the bike was in limp mode.
Disconnected the battery a reconnected, and that was it. Saved me a unnecessary trip to the dealership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2014 899 Panigale (White With Red Rims): GP Shifted(up and down shift with two shifters), Competion Werks Fender Eliminator Kit, Bikemaster Hand Grip, Shorty Levers, Seat Cowl, After Market Red Steering Damper with Black Clamp, Clutch, Brake and Rear Brake With Covers... Current Bike to Mod.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 848 EVO: Sold

2007 GSXR 600: Sold
post #5 of 10 Old 05-12-2016, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

I havent messed with the battery. Ill try that first.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-13-2016, 11:30 AM

Hope it worked

2014 899 Panigale (White With Red Rims): GP Shifted(up and down shift with two shifters), Competion Werks Fender Eliminator Kit, Bikemaster Hand Grip, Shorty Levers, Seat Cowl, After Market Red Steering Damper with Black Clamp, Clutch, Brake and Rear Brake With Covers... Current Bike to Mod.

post #7 of 10 Old 05-14-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Disconnecting battery didnt work. Took it to dealer. Sensor in the rear wheel went out. $260 to replace. All good now. Warranty expired a month ago just my luck!
post #8 of 10 Old 05-14-2016, 01:23 AM

Wow. I'll put that one in my toolbox! I didn't know this could just happen like that. I haul my bike a lot.
Glad you could get it resolved quick.

post #9 of 10 Old 05-14-2016, 11:21 AM

Was it just unlucky or did the trailering have any part in causing it?
post #10 of 10 Old 05-16-2016, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

I have no idea. I dont see how trailering it could cause this but seems weird how it was fine when I loaded it and completely dead speed sensor when I pulled it off trailer 11 hour drive later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page