899 Still wont start!!! - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

899 Still wont start!!!

This is almost comical at this point... there's always a bright side, at least it isn't the middle of summer and warm enough to ride!

So, I get the shop to replace the secondary ECU... they had the bike for probably 6 weeks now. They also installed whiteout34's custom pipes...

First off, the pipes sound bad ass! Yes, it is MOTO GP loud! I love them.

Started the bike right up at the shop and everything was great... I trailer it home, get it in the garage then tried to start it and... putt putt putt... same issue as before!

This thing still won't start... flapper valve cable was reattached, the servo motor is supposed to be working as it was replaced too...

I had to spray starter fluid into the intake again to get it started.

Maybe its not starting right up because of the very cold 90 min trailer ride home? I'll see if it starts tomorrow after being in the garage all night.

This is very frustrating! I'll call the dealership tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Call for home service support (if you have one in your local dealership). Well, i guess no video of your custom exhaust?? Hope you get it up and running soon man..
post #3 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

I'm cursed today! I took a video but photobucket won't let me upload it... its not too big a file either?

Anyway, I got it started with starter fluid... let it warm up to 210 degrees just idling in the garage, turned off and it started right back up. Turned off, let it cool to 165 degrees, still started, but struggle to start.

I wonder if the new computer has to learn what exhaust is on it? Like maybe I need to ride it around for the computer to learn the new pressures or something?

I'm getting kinda ticked now too... just noticed a small crack in the right cover plate that wasn't there when I got it from whiteout34, I think the dealership did it trying to install it. Crap happens, I understand, but at least tell me? Especially since I've been so nice and patient about them keeping the bike for 6 weeks not complaining ever! I like to think I'm a nice guy and reasonable... but this is getting ridiculous.
XCLR8TN likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Whiteout34 just called me, he suggested taking the smog canister off... we'll see if that helps.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Sorry crappy video, I'll try to take a better video outside this weekend.

post #6 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 PM

Wow that's sound s nice
post #7 of 11 Old 01-13-2016, 04:00 AM

Sounds awesome man!!
post #8 of 11 Old 02-19-2016, 09:00 AM

Did you resolve this issue? Mine has been sitting for a few weeks and has the same symptoms. No issues at all before this.

It literally sounds like I pulled the plug wires off. And I didn't... all I did was clean the air filter lol. It will crank crank crank but not fire...

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #9 of 11 Old 02-19-2016, 09:25 AM

Any chance this is a fuel/ethanol issue? 6 weeks is long enough for the fuel to go bad. I ran into that issue twice with my other bike.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-26-2019, 08:39 PM

Can anybody resolved the issue with starting the bike. My bike was sitting for a couple months trickle charge it one time, yesterday night I started it an ran it for just a few seconds cause I was in my basement garage and shut it of. This morning it won’t start. It cranks as some of you said but it won’t start. I connect the charger and let it charge all day and gave it another shot when I got home after work and same thing. Dash shows 12.4V which is not much especially after all day charge. I got the battery last June but it’s Yuassa OEM could it be it ? Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page