What did you pay OTD for your 2015 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

What did you pay OTD for your 2015

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a white 899 and wondering what people paid for their 2015.

Also, what is the price msrp price difference between the 2014 and the 2015?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 12:43 PM

Vehicle sales tax can play a significant role in one's OTD pricing, as well as the "freight and prep" fees. For example, in the greater Seattle area it's 9.8%. In any event, I purchased my bike in August 2014 from a county 80 or so miles north of Seattle so I only had to pay 8.5% vehicle sales tax.

In short, I got a pretty killer deal on a white 899 still in the crate. My deal was $14,099 with no freight and prep. Doc fee of $50 and DOL fee of $84.75. OTD of $15,432.17. Supposedly this was at "cost". The best OTD pricing I received from the immediate Seattle area dealers was $16,8xx OTD (9.8% sales tax and freight and prep fees).

Unfortunately, I don't know the MSRP difference (if any) between 2014 and 2015 but hopefully that helps a little bit.
post #3 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 02:50 PM

I was just quoted OTD $17,244 in Texas. This is with $695 freight & prep. I'm pretty sure this is full price with no deals on the table. I should add this was via phone conversation so I'm sure things will change when I show some commitment in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 03:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebanky View Post
I was just quoted OTD $17,244 in Texas. This is with $695 freight & prep. I'm pretty sure this is full price with no deals on the table. I should add this was via phone conversation so I'm sure things will change when I show some commitment in person.
What part of Texas?

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #5 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
What part of Texas?
Houston. Can I ask what OTD you got in Irving?
post #6 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 04:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebanky View Post
Houston. Can I ask what OTD you got in Irving?
Well, that is a long story... I bought the pictured bike (that is the bike while it was in the showroom).
and had them add the Rizoma rearsets, CRG CF levers, and NRC FEK at cost with no labor. The bike had the decals, Termis, and the rear 'R' version seat cover which had the decals and a clear coat.

I didn't pay freight or prep and paid invoice which on the red is around $13.7k, so OTD is a little hard to calculate with all the add ons.

I basically walked in with a check and told them I would buy the bike then and there if they worked up the deal.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,

Last edited by sinjin; 08-06-2016 at 05:01 PM.
post #7 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 04:09 PM

Garage
It has since turned into the attached and my Rotobox matte carbon fiber wheels with ceramic bearings should arrive next week.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red

Last edited by sinjin; 08-06-2016 at 05:01 PM.
post #8 of 23 Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
Well, that is a long story... I bought the pictured bike (that is the bike while it was in the showroom).
and had them add the Rizoma rearsets, CRG CF levers, and NRC FEK at cost with no labor. The bike had the decals, Termis, and the rear 'R' version seat cover which had the decals and a clear coat.

I didn't pay freight or prep and paid invoice which on the red is around $13.7k, so OTD is a little hard to calculate with all the add ons.

I basically walked in with a check and told them I would buy the bike then and there if they worked up the deal.
Sounds made up. Highly doubting you paid invoice for an 899, and that they didn't charge you set up OR freight along with that, and then they just gave you parts at cost with free labor.

Aside from the fact that it's a Ducati....it's an 899. A bike that has been a best seller for many dealerships and that they can't even keep on the floor.

Sorry to call you out, just doesn't sound realistic. Dealerships aren't in the business of giving things away.
post #9 of 23 Old 06-25-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS Ducati View Post
Sounds made up. Highly doubting you paid invoice for an 899, and that they didn't charge you set up OR freight along with that, and then they just gave you parts at cost with free labor.
If you read my post above, I believe I paid cost/invoice for my brand new (white) 899 with no freight or prep fees. However, I did not get any additional parts.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-25-2015, 07:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS Ducati View Post

Aside from the fact that it's a Ducati....it's an 899. A bike that has been a best seller for many dealerships and that they can't even keep on the floor.

Sorry to call you out, just doesn't sound realistic. Dealerships aren't in the business of giving things away.
I understand your skepticism, however I seem to think that you are either not aware or are not considering all the factors.

This is a rebate / incentive industry and is based heavily on quotas, so the sales price doesn't always make up all of the bottom line. They had already done all the decal work and several upgrades and the bike just sat on the sales floor as no one wanted to pay more than the base and / or couldn't secure financing. As I indicated already, I came in offering a cash deal and they were anxious to move the bike to get it off their books and log the sale with Ducati.

Also, consider everything I have done to the bike. I indicated my intentions while I was dealing with the GM and he recognized the value of the future sales of parts and service. On top of that, I already had a bike that I was going to be bringing in to their service dept.

There was more to the sale than some quick fees, freight and prep, and MSRP. To be honest, the margin on the 899 in the USA is very slim compared with other European bikes and is modeled more closely with the Japanese market. They make heavy margins on the Diavel, Hyper, Multi, and R Panigale.

They saw a relationship potential. Do you think that most owners mod their bikes like those of us posting on this forum? We are the enthusiasts, not the norm.

Since then I have visited with them about trading my Monster for the S1000RR. (They are not exclusive to Ducati and mostly sell BMW and Triumph). Unfortunately, BMW made the error of not allocating more premium bikes with the suspension and wheel upgrades and I am not interested in the base, so I have decided against making that move. But that is another thread altogether.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red

Last edited by sinjin; 06-25-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page