Daily Ridden, Race Ready Red Panigale - Page 3 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 64 Old 05-23-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Over the winter the TechSpec tank grips collected a lot of dirt grit and grime so I decided to take them off because they would scratch the paint. I cleaned them and reattached them to the bike, but they never quite stuck the same so I tossed them. I'll buy another set soon just to match the bit on the fairings which I find very useful.

Straights are for fast bikes, turns are for fast riders.
Aprilia Shiver 750: SOLD
Ducati Panigale 899: Track Weapon
Ducati Monster 1200: Daily Weapon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 Old 05-23-2016, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I placed the decals on.

I tried placing the vinyl stickers on but I can say that the stickers definitely made the fairings look too ... cluttered.

I removed the majority of the vinyl decals but left the Dianese, TCX, and Shoei stickers on. I think it's small but it's a personal touch.

I really need to get that set of tank grips because I feel like I'm going to slide off when hanging off the bike even with leathers on.
ilconseglieri likes this.

post #23 of 64 Old 05-23-2016, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm trying out Dunlop Sportmax Q3's now in 120/70 ZR17 and 180/55 ZR17. I know the rear tire size is 5mm shorter than the 180/60's. The other option would be the 190/55 ZR17 which are 2mm shorter than stock but are 10mm wider.

So far I notice that the turn in is significantly faster than the stock Pirelli Diablo Corso Rosso's. So much so that it's intimidating. I don't want to "push" the tire yet because it's new and cold but I'll see how it performs on the next warm day.

I hope they'll serve me well over the next 3K miles or so.
Mariner likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 64 Old 05-23-2016, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I also installed Panigale Spacers on there and the throttle has no play now. The play was a nice buffer in the city and could save ya if you leaned on your bars wrong but now I can't clickity clak it during traffic anymore. : )

post #25 of 64 Old 05-25-2016, 03:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post

I removed the majority of the vinyl decals but left the Dianese, TCX, and Shoei stickers on. I think it's small but it's a personal touch.
Nice touch, I agree. Gold looks good with the red
post #26 of 64 Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
Nice touch, I agree. Gold looks good with the red
I love Red & Gold together. Red & Black feels over done, Red & Silver is almost boring, and Red & Gold is attractive. For my bike in particular, I'm unsure of what color scheme I'm going to end up with.

If 2.5K for beautiful Marchesini or Oz wheels rolls my way, I would be tempted to go all out with the Red & Gold ... but for now it's "I feel I need this, so I will buy this and hope my bike doesn't look like junk."
Ugrin likes this.

post #27 of 64 Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I added Ducati Performance Bar ends and Rizoma footpegs in the reddish color : ) It matches the rest of the Rizoma parts. The Ducati red and the deep metalic Red found on the Showa forks of the 899 don't quite go together quite as well as they do on the White Ducs.

I think the bike would look great in white but I doubt anyone would ever trade + cash with me for their fairings. : )

post #28 of 64 Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage

After taking a dive on another bike and needing a new helmet, my rearsets want was pushed back but I wanted grippier pegs. After having slipped on the stock pegs so much, the Rizoma's are a great $100 fix. : )

post #29 of 64 Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Got to push the 899 to my limit yesterday. I had a great time at New Hampshire Speedway on the Fishtail track layout. 1.6mi course with 14 turns.

When I was pinning the throttle during corners the traction control (DTC setting 1) would kick in and slow the bike down. It brings the bike up quickly and feels scary (like it's about to highside). The Q3's are lasting a surprisingly long time to my delight!

The short gearing which is great for the road felt odd at the track. Transitions 2-3, 4-6, and 7-9 I would hit 3rd gear for a second before dropping back down into 2nd for the next corner. That's my only gripe with the bike, maybe the 1199 lust is still lingering.

I hope to check out Palmer and Thompson soon as well. I live within 90 minutes of three tracks and one dragstrip. Very blessed!

post #30 of 64 Old 08-19-2016, 11:51 AM

Really sharp looking bike and setup Panzer.... I'm about to order some Rizoma pegs myself, I'm tired of my heels sliding around.

How difficult was it to install the pegs yourself? I think the pegs are the easy part, but the adapters have those springs in them... I'm thinking that might be a bit challenging to compressing the springs to get them in place?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page