Shorai Lithium Battery - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-13-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Shorai Lithium Battery

Hi Fellas, I've been off this board for a few years... but I've had issues with the stock battery a couple times replaced, so I called the dealership and they told me to get a:

Shorai LFX14A2-BS12

Ok, I took off the left fairing, removed the old stock battery, but this new battery is smaller than the stock? Is that normal? I had to zip-tie the new battery into position.

Second Question, the battery tender lead under the seat, does not work/fit with the old battery, I had to order the Shorai Lithium Battery Charge Sho-BMS01.

No worries, I got the USB plug that goes under the seat to the old charging port so I can run a 4ft USB cable under the fairings to power my iPhone.

Okay, but the charging port on the new Lithium Shorai Battery, it faces inside the bike, I tried to leave the charging cable on the shore, but it keeps pulling out... is there an easier way of doing this? Is there an adapter for lithium charges that I could put under the seat instead of the USB cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

2015 - 899 White: Custom Moto GP Exhaust with CF heat shields, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator & Tail Lights, NRC Mirror Block Off Turn Signals, Rizoma Foot Pegs, Rizoma Oil Cap, CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors, T-REX Engine and Axel Sliders, 4Moto.de Decal Kit, Power Commander V & Dyno Tune, Charcoal Canister Delete, GoPro w/ PowerSportsUS fork tube mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-15-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

FWIW, I finally got a hold of the Ducati service technician, he said yes that the Shorai batteries are lighter and smaller than the stock batteries and if the battery didnít come with extra foam padding, they too would just zip tie it in place👍🏻

2015 - 899 White: Custom Moto GP Exhaust with CF heat shields, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator & Tail Lights, NRC Mirror Block Off Turn Signals, Rizoma Foot Pegs, Rizoma Oil Cap, CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors, T-REX Engine and Axel Sliders, 4Moto.de Decal Kit, Power Commander V & Dyno Tune, Charcoal Canister Delete, GoPro w/ PowerSportsUS fork tube mount.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page