Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

bar end tool size

19K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  MarkDucati 
#1 ·
anybody knows what kind of tool and size to remove the stock bar ends? thx much!

#4 ·
I bought T60 torx for Harbor Freight and didn't work ...I wish They had 12mm alien to try but it's too late now I got them off . Boy there pretty heavy and longer compare to the Ducati performance one. I wonder if they're used for balancing the bike and changing them will affect the performance ?

#10 ·
Well the allen you bought it most likely a 1/2" drive not a 3/8". A breaker bar is basically just a ratchet that has an uber long handle, like 2' long with a head that does not rotate like a ratchet.

Just buy a breaker bar with a 1/2" drive and you will be good to go. The longer the handle, the move leverage you have.

#14 ·
On items that are not mission critical I just trust my gut. Get it tight, just don't strip it. Not going anywhere.

#17 ·
Weighted to reduce vibration?

I just installed some mirror block of turn signals and was going to add a CRG bar end mirror?

I have to remove the OEM left bar end... so by removing the single OEM bar end and adding the CRG bar end attachment for the mirror, am I going to have vibration issues now because the left will now be lighter than the right?

#18 ·
Thanks for the tips guys... i went to the local NAPA store and got a 3/8 attachment socket wrench attachment that had a 12mm allen tip, worked like a charm. Good $5.67 spent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.