Dtc prevent wheelies? - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Dtc prevent wheelies?

Let me prelude my statement by saying i was on a private airstrip this weekend. Im not a big wheelie guy but figured the environment was controlled and no locals around to piss off. Was attempting clutch up wheelies but having trouble holding them. it seemed every time i reduced dtc they got alittle better. Does the function reduce engine power as soon as the front tire leaves the ground. I apologize ahead of time for the newb question however none of my previous bikes had much electonic intervention.

Last edited by Evolution; 06-10-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkie View Post
Let me prelude my statement by saying i was on a private airstrip this weekend. Im not a big wheelie guy but figured the environment was controlled and no locals around to piss off. Was attempting clutch up wheelies but having trouble holding them. it seemed every time i reduced etc they got alittle better. Does the function reduce engine power as soon as the front tire leaves the ground. I apologize ahead of time for the newb question however none of my previous bikes had much electonic intervention.
Edit Dtc its early face palm!
post #3 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Edit Dtc its early face palm!
Lol, I fixed it for you
Motojunkie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 11:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Dtc
There is a similar thread on another forum addressing this on the 1199.

The consensus is that even with DTC at 1, it is difficult to start or sustain a wheelie due to the slight wheel spin at the rear wheel. The solution is either DTC off, of course, or take first gear to where the torque is more profound on your bike (40 MPH), throttle down, then snap it back.

I am too much of a wuss to try it. Keep us posted!
smcf likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

Last edited by sinjin; 06-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.
post #5 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
There is a similar thread on another forum addressing this on the 1199.

The consensus is that even with DTC at 1, it is difficult to start or sustain a wheelie due to the slight wheel spin at the rear wheel. The solution is either DTC off, of course, or take first gear to where the torque is more profound on your bike (40 MPH), throttle down, then snap it back.

I am too much of a wuss to try it. Keep us posted!
This makes alotta sense. i was able to get up about 3.5 feet or so but couldnt hold it. I was attempting in 2nd gear at about 40mph clutch in to pop up. I now have DTC turned off. Will try again today see if i cant hold the balance point. Appreciate the insight guys!
post #6 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 12:25 PM

Garage
and tomorrow we hear that he crashed his nice bike
post #7 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timt89 View Post
Not positive Tim not positive. Thanks for the vote of confidence :?
monty1001972 likes this.
post #8 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timt89 View Post
I am not taking responsibility for any of his behavior and he can't have mine!

Stay safe.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
post #9 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 12:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
This makes alotta sense. i was able to get up about 3.5 feet or so but couldnt hold it. I was attempting in 2nd gear at about 40mph clutch in to pop up. I now have DTC turned off. Will try again today see if i cant hold the balance point. Appreciate the insight guys!
I am just guessing that a Monster would be pushing it, but might have a better chance in 2nd at 40MPH because of the lower torque range. Since this bike revs so much higher, a 2nd gear wheelie would have to start higher... and in race mode not sport.

Yes / no ???

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
post #10 of 33 Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 PM

The power wheelies it does in 1st and 2nd with DTC set to 5 are enough for me lol.

Have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Ducati 899 - Red
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Ducati 848 - SOLD

2001 Ducati 996R - Dream bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page