Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

My 899's rear brake lights issue

7K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Oni 
#1 ·
My bike is awesome. I love it. But each time I lovingly rub her down at the end of a big ride I'm finding more things cracked, dinged, scratched, etc.

Today is was the rear brake lights. Stones have chipped and punched through the glass. This was just road riding. Had this happened to any of your faithful steed's? Or do I just have incredibly bad luck?

Q: Would this be covered by warranty?

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think general wear and tear due to the road conditions will be covered under warranty as it's not a defect and rather just an unfortunate accident due to the conditions of the road. Jarel might be able to shed some light on it.

#5 ·
@Rowan

I know it might sound counter intuitive but I wonder if a tail tidy might help here.

Effectively something like an evo tech would move the plate closer to the light n maybe protect it from stones better.
This is what I was thinking too, I have the Evotech Tail tidy installed, will post a pic when I get back home

#13 ·
@Rowan

I had the dealership install it at pre-delivery, as some people here have said installing the indicators is apparently a PITA, and the dealership even said that its a bit fiddly (took them about 1.5hrs to install), they also said it was definitely an improvement on the stock fender, I guess it could attract attention from the cops (especially in QLD, where that nark Campbell Newman has it in for anyone that rides a motorcycle)….. but I do know that in NSW the motorcycle council is reporting that soon they will be legalised, much in the same way we are as of july 1st able to lane filter, Legally….. :)

#15 ·
Status Update
By MCC of NSW
20th December 2013

On Tuesday the MCC of NSW in the form of Christopher Burns attended the latest meeting of the Vehicle Standards Working Group (VSWG).
The Minister for Roads congratulated the MCC and Transport for NSW on their collaborative effort in clearing up the motorcycle blinker issue.
Riders had been defected for rear blinkers not being 300mm apart when the road rules stated in part that they could be as close together as 180mm.
Discussion led to a gazettal of a change of road rules to remove any confusion for our states finest.
Rear blinkers are now set at minimum of 180mm apart.
The issue of fender eliminators was also raised and we will work through that one in 2014 but rest assured there will be a change.

We also raised the issue of statutory write offs for motorcycles and we may have some good news on that one as well.
I am seeking clarification on the exact laws as they are not clear but it seems you can re-register Stat write offs in a couple of ways.
Once we have the info we will spread it around.

#16 ·
I installed the evotech myself. It's actually pretty easy to install. The most time consuming part (as usual with Ducati's) is removing the OEM stuff to put the aftermarket stuff on. First time i did it, took me about 1hr. If i was to do it again, i would say no more than 30 mins.

Also the evotech tail tidy looks the business. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.