Which exhaust did you go with? Full Termi/Aktra, Termi Slip On or Core Stockies? - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Doostur
Which exhaust did you go with? Full Termi/Aktra, Termi Slip On or Core Stockies?

I'm debating on what to do. It seems the options are:

- Full Akra or Termi
- Termi Slip ons
- Core out your oem cans

- If sound is what you're after, it seems any of the above would work. Coring out our OEM cans produces one mean sound.

- If bling is what you're after it seems a full Akra is where its at.

- If performance is what you're after, then a full setup will work.

But in all honesty, is $3500 worth the minimal gains of a full exhaust setup? Some claim that the Termi/Akra setup aren't much louder than stock. Some claim even quieter. It seems Ducati is going to start using Akra for their exhausts, so its a no brainer to go with them from now on, mainly for the research and development that will come in the future.

Just curious what some of you guys are doing.
Catiken likes this.

14 899 Panigale - Arctic White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 PM

I'd lean towards exploring the coring options first..then maybe move on to the Termis or Akra. Read about the coring in the 1199 forums..seems like a doable option and cool sound factor too. Hp shows a slight increase from the dyno findings after coring the stockies (baffle removal, etc).
post #3 of 54 Old 03-23-2014, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

I also plan to core mine out first. Just can't justify the cost of a full system. I'll report back with pictures and sound clips!
Catiken likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 AM
Oni

Garage
I've already ordered an Akrapovic full system. Hopefully arrives next month. Once installed i will post up a video of the sound and hopefully under load through the twisties.

Reasons i went with the Akrapovic;

- Power to weight ratio gains (BHP gain, weight loss)
- Sound (not as loud as Termis and has a unique note)
- Quality (can't beat akra, had one on my R6 and loved it)
- It's part of my weight shaving plan for the 899
- Will be taking it to the track alot

So for me the price is fine providing you get a good deal on one
Doctor 650, willc1980 and Stevand like this.

It's not about how fast you ride, but how you ride fast.

Current Bikes
Yamaha R1 '10, Ducati 899 Panigale '14
Previous Bikes
Yamaha Zeal 250 '99, Kawasaki ZXR 750 '91, Yamaha R6 '99, Yamaha R6 '03 & '04
post #5 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 09:57 AM

Termignoni together with The dedicated map will most likely improve bottom and middle end and that is where this bike dips stock. Also, only Termignoni lets you change the inserts. In Sweden (at least) the DB restrictions on the tracks are tuff so without being able to change the inserts they will never let you have some fun there. Those are the reasons why I went with Termignoni.
monty1001972 likes this.

Current Bike
Ducati 899 Panigale -14

Previous Bikes
Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S -11
Yamaha R1 -07
Yamaha R1 -99

Follow Desmosnob on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or on

Last edited by DonSanto; 03-24-2014 at 10:07 AM.
post #6 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
I'd lean towards exploring the coring options first..then maybe move on to the Termis or Akra. Read about the coring in the 1199 forums..seems like a doable option and cool sound factor too. Hp shows a slight increase from the dyno findings after coring the stockies (baffle removal, etc).
i saw the process of coring the exhaust on 1199 forums and it looked like a pain in the dick. i guess if you got a welder laying around and are handy with it, more power to ya but didnt look like an easy job. as someone said on there "i think the $2k termi just look a tad cheaper after reading this thread".
post #7 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 PM

I got the slip on Termis free as part of the deal here in UK, cant say for sure if there was much of a power difference as im still running it in but it seem to rev much more freely with them on but the sound over the stock cans is amazing and quite a bit louder too
Hyperider and Stevand like this.
post #8 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSanto View Post
Termignoni together with The dedicated map will most likely improve bottom and middle end and that is where this bike dips stock. Also, only Termignoni lets you change the inserts. In Sweden (at least) the DB restrictions on the tracks are tuff so without being able to change the inserts they will never let you have some fun there. Those are the reasons why I went with Termignoni.
Akrapovic has removeable baffles and it's biggest gain is where it dips on the stock map, seems to be the valve that causes that rather than the mapping. I've chosen the Akra for the weight loss, previous experience and the looks and quality far exceed the Termis IMO.
post #9 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

This is what a cored exhaust sounds like:

Here is the thread of a guy who does it for around $415 shipped back to you. This is who I'm sending mine to.

Core stock exhaust? - Ducati 1199 Forum
jumpman, Warhammer and Stevand like this.

post #10 of 54 Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-B View Post
Akrapovic has removeable baffles and it's biggest gain is where it dips on the stock map, seems to be the valve that causes that rather than the mapping. I've chosen the Akra for the weight loss, previous experience and the looks and quality far exceed the Termis IMO.
Intresring, when I saw them on another bike it looked like they were not removable. From what I've heard Akra gains more top end rather than low and mid. A friend of mine, also member here, has the Akra so it's gonna be interesting to feel the diference side by side.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Current Bike
Ducati 899 Panigale -14

Previous Bikes
Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S -11
Yamaha R1 -07
Yamaha R1 -99

Follow Desmosnob on
or on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page