3rd gear red line shift , possible sieze ? - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-07-2018, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

3rd gear red line shift , possible sieze ?

So after my meticulous rebuild on the 899 vertical cylinder head. I put 1100 miles on the bike. However on july 4th , i was riding hard merging onto the hway , 1st , 2nd, 3rd ... 3rd hits redline .. i attempted to shift and then noticed the bike suddenly lost power. I pulled over to the side of the road. Turned the bike offf , no oil leaks nothing.tried starting the bike up ... nothing happens. I hit the starter , tachometer backligt goes off and bike makes 1 tick sound and thats it..... tied a rope on the bike had a friend pull me with his car ... attempted to drop the clutch in on at 1st gear doing about 15. Back tire just locked up and starts skidding. .... im
Highly confused , any advice from any one would be much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-07-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

After pulling out the vertical cylinder spark plug. This is what i find ! 😡 ... maybe possibble connecting rod failure ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1530998675177.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	39029  
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

This link should have a picture of the spark plug.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/c0hwwukju...IC1JP8PaFwxVBa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-11-2018, 08:12 PM

Sorry to hear your about your troubles ,have you been able to find out what hit the plug sound like your on the right track , 899 when revved hard will have rod failures as seen in BSB 899 cup, rules changed to allow better rods ie carrillo .I guess it might be something less dramatic I hope so.I guess when we buy a cheap Ducati Super Bike we should expect to get soft brakes, low spec shock, heavy wheels,one way quick shifter, mine has never worked consistently ,oil leaks, water leaks and so much character,it does sound great though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page