Confused about white headlight upgrade, help? - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By RCEE
  • 1 Post By soosick_dev
  • 1 Post By XCLR8TN

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-19-2018, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Confused about white headlight upgrade, help?

Hey guys, I want to upgrade my headlights so they are white instead of that stock yellow color.

I heard that these will work and are easy to install but I also heard that they are not that white and they are not as bright as stock headlights.

I keep seeing LED bulbs and HID bulbs, and I also read of people buying 1199 headlight assemblys for their 899.

So I am confused; Do LED / HID bulbs need a conversion kit to work? If they are better why do people still buy the phillips bulb or the 1199 headlight assembly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-22-2018, 03:27 AM

Yes, LED/HID needs a conversion kit. Also your stock headlight is not made for this type of bulbs. Easiest way is to install the Philips H11 bulbs

BigBen00 and helishmeli like this.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-27-2018, 04:53 AM

You can install led bulbs onto headlight housing. You just need to find bulbs with that would fit. The phillips are the easiet alternative , but they’re not as bright as leds. The clearance for the high beams for anything other than the standard halogens is little to none.
helishmeli likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-27-2018, 02:27 PM

I had LED low-beam bulbs and upgraded to the 1199 LED headlight maybe a year later. 1199 LED headlight is DESIGNED to have the LEDs in it, the spread of light is 10x (probably more honestly) better than just sticking a LED bulb in the OEM 899 reflector housing.

I bought a spare one to mess with and put turn signals in and never did. If you want an 1199 LED headlight, shoot me a message.
helishmeli likes this.

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #5 of 7 Old 06-25-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEE View Post
Yes, LED/HID needs a conversion kit. Also your stock headlight is not made for this type of bulbs. Easiest way is to install the Philips H11 bulbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3IdEkD7HJc
Quote:
Originally Posted by soosick_dev View Post
You can install led bulbs onto headlight housing. You just need to find bulbs with that would fit. The phillips are the easiet alternative , but theyre not as bright as leds. The clearance for the high beams for anything other than the standard halogens is little to none.

Thanks guys! Ended up installing the phillips H11 and I love it.

Although one of the bulbs looks a little askew from the rear-side of the bulb, but I don't think it's noticeable.

Thank you so much!
post #6 of 7 Old 06-25-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
I had LED low-beam bulbs and upgraded to the 1199 LED headlight maybe a year later. 1199 LED headlight is DESIGNED to have the LEDs in it, the spread of light is 10x (probably more honestly) better than just sticking a LED bulb in the OEM 899 reflector housing.

I bought a spare one to mess with and put turn signals in and never did. If you want an 1199 LED headlight, shoot me a message.
Thank you for the offer! I ended up installing the phillips and so far I like them, but just out of curiosity how much ya charging for the 1199 LED headlight?
post #7 of 7 Old 06-27-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helishmeli View Post
Thank you for the offer! I ended up installing the phillips and so far I like them, but just out of curiosity how much ya charging for the 1199 LED headlight?
$500 + shipping

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page