Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

Bike Stands

25K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  J.B. 
#1 ·
I've been looking at the Two Brothers' rear bike stand (a beautiful work of art), but I've had trouble finding a decent front stand. I came across this BURSIG Stand that basically does both.

Has anyone used these before?
What's the typical price?
Is it worth it?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Apparently you have to cut a piece of the left hand belly pan out to fit this stand. Have a look on the 1199 forum there is info on there about it.

I was thinking about one but held back because of the cutting. Thought I may invest in a carbon belly pan and cut that about and save the standard one.

#3 ·
I know a few people who have them. It has pros and cons. The pro is it SEEMS like a fabulous idea. The con is that in practice it's very bulky and hard to deal with compared to a traditional stand arrangement. One guy got it to use on his 848 at the track for putting tire warmers on, seemed like a great idea because you could easily lift the bike off both wheels together and put the warmers on. He did it for a few track days, and then went back to using his Pit Bull stands, and now he uses the Bursig as a work stand in the garage. That's where I see the real value in it, as a work stand when you need the suspension loose for removing forks, etc. But I wouldn't want one of those for my only stand, I'll still take a traditional front and rear stand for routine use.

#4 ·
Get MJ Moto Gear Stands.

Contact him directly through ebay for special pricing. Mention its for an 899. I paid $120 shipped for the front and rear. You will need rear spools for your 899. I picked up some for a current model Yamaha R6. They worked just fine. The ones in the link below work great, however you will need to dremel a bit of the base down (Just the small portion that sticks out a bit).

Motorcycle Rear Spool Stand Strong 1 PC Frame Construction MJ's Spec | eBay

OES Swingarm Spools Yamaha R6 R6S YZFR6 R1 New | eBay

#7 ·
I've been looking at the Two Brothers' rear bike stand (a beautiful work of art), but I've had trouble finding a decent front stand. I came across this BURSIG Stand that basically does both.

Has anyone used these before?
What's the typical price?
Is it worth it?

I to been looking at the Two Brother. would you happen to know forsure that its fits the 899?

#12 ·
I've been told it wont work. Not only is the hole blocked off but the stand will hit the nose bodywork. I have a headstock stand for my other bike and tried to fit it to the 899 and it will it the body work.

#10 ·
They're under $300, but I guess you mean a set.

tenerbeef03 I don't know why they wouldn't fit; it's the same spool and hook set up as any other.

They actually discontinued the S1 and are on the S2 now. Unfortunately they don't come in red; black only. I've ordered mine so I'll let you know if I have any issues.

#11 ·
I have a motomfg stand for my triumph, which is very similar in design. As Jarel said, it's great to have around the house and I actually store my bike on it since it saves space and makes moving the bike around very easy. It's also nice for working on the bike, since it does get both wheels off the ground. I've thought about taking it to the track, but since I've got spools the more traditional stands are just too easy not to use; not to mention the fact that they are much easier to pack.

#19 ·
I've just finished setting up a spider stand which is a more affordable version of the bursig. The spider stand is made in China, and the quality shows. It was a bit of a pain to set up and some better design would alleviate the problems I had. Other than that it does what it says on the box. Mine doesn't lift the bike vertically per se, but it does lift both wheels clear off the ground which makes it easy to work on the front end and to move the bike around on the stand.

#22 ·
I finally got my Rizoma spools in the mail after 3 weeks! They kinda look big so I had to double check the weight. 70g... Not bad. Also, I was able to try the TBR SP2 on the 899 and I'm glad they made it flexible. By swapping the 2 metal edges (right goes to the left and left to the right) it fits perfectly. You also have to adjust the height so that the rear wheel doesn't touch the ground. At the end it looks good to me! Some solid stuff...

#24 ·
I use a pitbull front stand on my bike, but usually remove the fender to do so since if i'm using that stand I'm probably taking the forks off anyways.

I've done it with the fender on by turing the whole stand about 45 degrees until there is enough clearance to rotate it back to vertical. Then get the pin in the hole and lift away.

it's completely doable if you take your time and remain observant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.