I just finished up the install. Sorry for no pics, short on time. End result: Success.
The 1199 stator is putting out 14.6 volts at idle indicating that I'm getting enough to run everything and charge. Bike definitely revs faster with the lighter parts.
Installation was easy and straight forward.
1) Drain oil and coolant
2) Remove four side body panels
3) Disconnect left coolant pipe
4) Disconnect two plugs and unbolt stator cover and pop it off
5) Unscrew bolt holding on flywheel assembly
6) Use gear puller to remove flywheel assembly - this may not be needed but I had to. 6" puller worked fine, $15.
7) Install new flywheel (using old bearings and bolt), torque down bolt
8) RTV up the 1199 cover and install per RTV instructions
9) Reconnect two plugs from stator and re-zip tie whatever is needed
10) Assemble rest of bike
11) Refill fluids, burp the coolant and enjoy!
The only parts I ended up needing I got from Ebay:
1) 1199 flywheel assembly - includes magnets and flywheel
2) 1199 stator - this is the copper wire half that bolts to the inside of the cover
3) 1199 stator cover
I spent a total of $372 on the parts. Not bad compared to the DP kit going for around $1000, which I bet uses the same parts.