Quote:
Originally Posted by Durello View Post
So no LEDS in the 959 WTF?

What I would like to see in the 959 Panigale

-LED Headlmaps
-Slipper Clutch
-LCD Dash Screen
-ABS (Standard)
It's their "budget" sportbike. It'll be an 899 with more displacement and a new fairing... MAYBE with DQS downshifting... I doubt that it'll have any of the rest.

I'm not sure why people even care about LED headlamps.
vyruz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 162 Old 10-16-2015, 10:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb View Post
It's their "budget" sportbike. It'll be an 899 with more displacement and a new fairing... MAYBE with DQS downshifting... I doubt that it'll have any of the rest.

I'm not sure why people even care about LED headlamps.

It's a game changer riding at night. Well, for me at least.
92GTA likes this.

2015 Ducati 899 (Red)
Sato Racing rearsets, Sato Racing engine sliders, Sato Racing brake lever guard, SpeedyMoto fork and swing arm sliders, CRG CF levers, Shorai lithium battery, Evotech lower radiator guard v2, Ohlins TTX GP, Ohlins NIX 30 Fork Cartridge, LED headlight, BST wheels with ceramic bearings, Superlite front & rear sprocket, SBS Front RS Brake Pads, NRC fender eliminator & integrated turn signals.

2016 S1000RR (Black)
post #23 of 162 Old 10-17-2015, 08:33 AM

Garage
I can appreciate the desire of LED headlights, but in all practicality, not everyone rides at night (I don't), they are more expensive, and heavier. So if you turn this bike into strictly a track bike, you are likely going to remove them and either have to store them for if and when you eventually sell your bike or sell the LED unit to try and recoup your money.

As for the COLOR dash, as they are all liquid display, it is very pretty, but there is not really any additional functionality. My RR has an analog RPM gauge and the LCD is very simplistic, however it has all the information that I need. Where I want the R&D is in the suspension and power delivery. Not fancy bells and whistles.

They should perhaps offer the components as factory upgrades, but I don't agree that they should come as stock equipment on all 899s.
Azdave likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 162 Old 10-18-2015, 11:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
I can appreciate the desire of LED headlights, but in all practicality, not everyone rides at night (I don't), they are more expensive, and heavier. So if you turn this bike into strictly a track bike, you are likely going to remove them and either have to store them for if and when you eventually sell your bike or sell the LED unit to try and recoup your money.

As for the COLOR dash, as they are all liquid display, it is very pretty, but there is not really any additional functionality. My RR has an analog RPM gauge and the LCD is very simplistic, however it has all the information that I need. Where I want the R&D is in the suspension and power delivery. Not fancy bells and whistles.

They should perhaps offer the components as factory upgrades, but I don't agree that they should come as stock equipment on all 899s.

One of the things I like about the 1199 is the way it displays lap times. It's very large font right across the middle of the screen. On the 899 it's very small in the lower corner of the screen and isn't useful at speed.

2014 Arctic White Silk 899 Panigale
2015 Ducati Multistrada S
2014 Honda Grom
post #25 of 162 Old 10-19-2015, 05:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post

I don't know mate. I'd have the colour dash in a heartbeat. Like the bike, it is a blend of engineering and beauty at the expense of simplistic functionality. So much of my bike feels ahead of its time; the dash unfortunately is not one of them. I hate to say it, but this dash is going to be laughably vintage looking when the 959 replacement is out.
post #26 of 162 Old 10-20-2015, 11:20 AM

it appears the front fairing is wider... it took a lot more cues from the 1299 than initially thought.

the front fairing is wider, and mirrors are the same as the 1299 as well. The black exhaust is totally **** (as this is how it should have been from the beginning IMO) who cars where it points. This will probably help with sound levels and flow.

the front fairing goes under the lights...I assume this to make the whole fairing stronger/stiffer.

also the angles on the body work appear to less soft...more sharp.

it appears they laser cut foot pegs are on it too

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
post #27 of 162 Old 10-30-2015, 03:33 PM

Garage
959 With exterior exhaust???

The first is undoubtedly the Panigalina that will adopt a new engine increased to 959 cm 3 and should have 160 hp and, unlike the prototype caught in the photo above, it seems that mounts an exhaust side similar to Monster 1200R and no more integrated into the hull (first casualty of Euro 4?). - See more at: Ducati a EICMA: tra le novità Panigale 959, Hypermotard 939 e due serie speciali!

2014 Honda Grom
post #28 of 162 Old 10-30-2015, 04:11 PM

i still dont see a pic with side exhaust... why would they step backwards?
post #29 of 162 Old 10-30-2015, 04:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
i still dont see a pic with side exhaust... why would they step backwards?
You will love it.

2014 Honda Grom
post #30 of 162 Old 10-30-2015, 08:42 PM

Yeah, no

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page