Gosh darnit... can't integrate - Page 2 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarHead View Post
Sounds right on! I've got a bunch of spare circuit board stuff in my basement work shop. I'll see if I can put something together. Any luck with that link krissrock?
here you go

Integrated Tail Light - Ducati 1199 Forum

I don't know if he goes into detail in the thread, but in the comments of one his youtube videos, he mentions having to do a board n stuff.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 12-03-2014, 01:20 AM

Garage
Has anyone figured out how to build a circuit to do this? I really want a clean tail.

2014 Arctic White 899 w/ Termi exhaust, Matte Ducati tank pad, NRC Tidy tail with indicators, 1199s LED headlight, Oberon pegs, R&G sliders, Evotech Radiator guard

2008 BMW 135i -- Heavily Modified

1973 BMW 2002tii - Slowly getting restord, but sitting low on custom coilovers and BBS RM 15"
post #13 of 15 Old 12-03-2014, 08:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
I am thinking from what you said each tail light has a three pronged plug. That makes sense. One is your ground one is the brake light and the other the tail light. I am assuming you want to use the brake light as a turn signal. If so there have been kits to do that for a long time. I have one for a 916 that someone gave me a long time ago. What it will need to do is separate the signals from the turn signal and the brake light so they do not feed back to each other. You will need a series of diodes to do that. They only allow electricity to flow in one direction.

It has been almost fifty years since my electrical engineering course but if my brain is still remembering right you would have to Have the diodes wired so the allowed the electricity to reach the bulb it is powering but not let it feed back to the other circuit. You would need two on each side and they would have to be in series with each circuit. The two would be connected to the brake light in the tail light and then each to the incoming wires for the brake and turn signal. The block would have to be from the light to the power so it would not allow the back flow.

Again it has been fifty years since I took that course but this seems logical to me. Please someone with more recent experience step in here and challenge me if you think I am making a big mistake. Well even a small one too.

Jim
Looks like in 50 years you haven't forgotten your basic electronics. It is as simple as putting a doide in series with the new LED circuit... in other words come out of the plug, through the diode and then into the new tail light LEDs. Do the same with the new indicator LEDs and you're there. The only thing to make sure is that your diodes will handle the current of the LEDs you are using. Thats easily calculated using the formula:

Power (Watts) = Volts (12v) x Current (Amps) therefore

Current (Amps) = Power (Watts) / Volts (12v)

Give it a go and try it out on a 12vbattery before connecting it to the bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 12-03-2014, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

I think the bigger problem is that you have to somehow separate the left and right side lights in the tail. I haven't cracked it open, and I haven't seen any images of the light opened up, but i'm assuming it's a circuit board... that would require re-soldering the led's or modifying the board in order to get a left and right side...whereas now, it's only one

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
post #15 of 15 Old 01-16-2015, 09:09 PM

Garage
You guys get any further with this? I'm curious about this route as I am doing something with plug and play LEDs to mount between the the OEM light and the custom carbon cover found on eBay.

2015 Ducati 899 (Red)
Sato Racing rearsets, Sato Racing engine sliders, Sato Racing brake lever guard, SpeedyMoto fork and swing arm sliders, CRG CF levers, Shorai lithium battery, Evotech lower radiator guard v2, Ohlins TTX GP, Ohlins NIX 30 Fork Cartridge, LED headlight, BST wheels with ceramic bearings, Superlite front & rear sprocket, SBS Front RS Brake Pads, NRC fender eliminator & integrated turn signals.

2016 S1000RR (Black)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page