Brake Pads - Page 6 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 Old 03-10-2015, 12:30 AM

Thinking of what should I go for on my next brake pad change. Ferodo's or EBC ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 Old 03-10-2015, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
Thinking of what should I go for on my next brake pad change. Ferodo's or EBC ?
Which Ferodo and which EBC pads are you tossing up between?
post #53 of 59 Old 03-10-2015, 03:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBikeGear View Post
More options

SBS Racing Sinter pads for 899

SBS Motorcycle Brake Pads
Thinking of getting these pads before my bike's first track day as the front brakes feel mushy. Anyone here use these yet? Anyone know of a retailer in the US?

2015 Ducati 899 (Red)
Sato Racing rearsets, Sato Racing engine sliders, Sato Racing brake lever guard, SpeedyMoto fork and swing arm sliders, CRG CF levers, Shorai lithium battery, Evotech lower radiator guard v2, Ohlins TTX GP, Ohlins NIX 30 Fork Cartridge, LED headlight, BST wheels with ceramic bearings, Superlite front & rear sprocket, SBS Front RS Brake Pads, NRC fender eliminator & integrated turn signals.

2016 S1000RR (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 59 Old 03-13-2015, 07:46 AM

Ognibene Chain Technology OoO "TROFEO" BRAKE PADS

I'm testing this pad (Code 05) on my 899... I can say that are better than the original, as soon as I can I will try this pad on circuit just to see the difference in worste condition
post #55 of 59 Old 03-16-2015, 10:02 AM

I just installed Ferodo's HH pad and can report after the first 200 miles that the initial and progressive bite from the Ferodo pads are no better than OEM (which is an HH Brembo pad). I actually feel the Brembo's have slightly more aggressive bite which is what I prefer.
post #56 of 59 Old 03-17-2015, 04:02 PM

Garage
I have the Ferodo SinterGrip pads and just got out for the first time this season .
They do feel better but not a ton.I am more annoyed by the play in the lever, maybe a bleed will help that

DP Pegs ,DP Tank Guard ,DP Tidy tail w/euro signals ,DP Billet fuel cap,DP Lower rad guard,DP oil cap,DP bar ends,DP Billet levers,DP Seat cowl,Termi slip ons ,Evotech upper rad guard ,Progrip 717s, Ducati omaha throttle spacers, EVR slipper, Bitubo XXF 61 rear shock with oem 1199 flat rate linkage, desmovelce ride height adjuster ,Matris fork valves and Racetech 1.0kg springs
post #57 of 59 Old 03-17-2015, 05:10 PM

I just swapped the levers over to a set of Titax reach adjustable levers. It seems that the Titax levers make the brakes feel much better. I think they improve the angle relationship between the handle, fulcrum and the pin that pushes the piston so that you get closer to a more linear rate of applied braking force. I am still keen to try some other pads but this change has already made a very satisfying improvement.

As standard the 899 lever has much more travel than the lever on my 900SS (which has been retro fitted with a 848 Brembo radial master cylinder of a similar design to the 899s).

For whatever reason the brake lever on the 899 has quite a lot of travel on the 899 and this large movement causes problems with the lever angles.

As the lever moves towards a 90 degree angle between the lever pivot point (fulcrum) and the point where the lever pushes the pin you get a rising rate and conversely as the lever moves further beyond the 90 degree angle between the lever pivot point (fulcrum) and the point where the lever pushes the pin you get a falling rate.

I think with the Panigale 899 levers set up, as you pull on the lever harder you get a falling rate of applied pressure to the master cylinder piston.. so for each pound of extra pressure you apply to the lever you successively get less pressure on this piston.

With the Titax levers (and probably some other reach adjustable levers) you get a slightly rising rate ... so for each pound of extra pressure you apply to the lever you successively get the same or slightly more pressure on the master cylinder piston.

Vested interest disclaimer: The company I work for imports and distributes Titax levers in NZ.
post #58 of 59 Old 08-24-2016, 08:53 AM

i have the 1098 brembo brakes on my 899 ,
and it is a big improvement
i can push for 20 minutes in sessions on trackdays
before after 10 minutes they felt spongy

i can put more performance brake pads .

defenitely a big improvement
post #59 of 59 Old 08-01-2018, 03:07 AM

2018...............whats the verdict on the best track pads??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page