Impressions after Termignoni Slip On Install - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Old 04-21-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Impressions after Termignoni Slip On Install

Hey Guys:

I wanted to post some thoughts on the Termi install after a few days of riding with it:

Sound - Maybe it's just me, but I believe the sound difference with the baffles out is minimal, if at all. There is a little deeper tone, but I don't believe it is ANY louder than stock.

Performance - While the sound didn't change much, the performance has changed significantly. We all know there was a "rush" of power at 7k in stock form..after the map upload, that "rush" seems to be present through the rev range...as low as 4k. The flat spot is gone, and the acceleration/power delivery is awesome. It's a shame that the bike did not run like this in stock form, because this is how it should be from day 1.

My advice: If you are looking for a louder bike, Termis are not the answer. But if you are looking for way better fueling and the associated performance while remaining under warranty protection, take the plunge.
Raginl3ull, Brado23 and Sqweegel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM

Cool. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Were you disappointed that the exhaust note didn't change more? Some people may be happy to be able to get the performance changes without affecting the exhaust note. That really just seems like a matter of taste.

Overall it seems like you are happy with it then?
post #3 of 43 Old 04-21-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heizenberg View Post
Cool. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Were you disappointed that the exhaust note didn't change more? Some people may be happy to be able to get the performance changes without affecting the exhaust note. That really just seems like a matter of taste.

Overall it seems like you are happy with it then?
Yes, overall, the bike has improved considerably and I'm very happy with it. I would have preferred a few more dbs coming from the pipes, but I'm not that disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 04-21-2014, 08:02 PM

Garage
Every once in a while on the track I get a pop when upshifting. Doesn't seem to happen consistently.

2014 Arctic White Silk 899 Panigale
2015 Ducati Multistrada S
2014 Honda Grom
post #5 of 43 Old 04-21-2014, 11:32 PM

Interesting I was expected it to be noticeably louder with negligible performance increase. But the opposite has happened.

The stock sound is almost loud enough for me and my neighbours so its all good.
Hot Air likes this.

Last edited by Nzjono; 04-21-2014 at 11:37 PM.
post #6 of 43 Old 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM

I love my termis, I personally think the noise is a lot different to stock, meatier. I get a pop every time I use the quick shifter. The first time my mate, also a sport bike rider, heard me coming down the road, he described the noise as thunder. I Definitely agree with the performance statements as well
glock1985, pete899, Kim and 1 others like this.
post #7 of 43 Old 04-22-2014, 05:48 PM

thanks for sharing

looks like it was a worthwhile upgrade just for the performance gains
post #8 of 43 Old 04-22-2014, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Are these for the slip ons or full exhaust?
post #9 of 43 Old 04-23-2014, 02:59 AM

I was referring to just the slip ons
post #10 of 43 Old 04-23-2014, 05:10 PM

Once I had the termis fitted to mine I noticed a huge difference in the noise volume, it is also alot deeper. As for performance difference I can't really say because I was still running the bike in when they were fitted but it did rev alot more freely compared to the stock exhausts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page