Impressions after Termignoni Slip On Install - Page 3 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 PM

Do you know how much of the better breathing is due to the up map rather then the Termi's?

If the stock cans sound loud enough already, then maybe just getting the up map installed would give the majority of the improvement at a reduced cost. Just thinking aloud....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 Old 05-01-2015, 05:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweev View Post
Do you know how much of the better breathing is due to the up map rather then the Termi's?

If the stock cans sound loud enough already, then maybe just getting the up map installed would give the majority of the improvement at a reduced cost. Just thinking aloud....
Sprint air filter and free flow of the Termi's without the cats has a huge influence on how it breathes. Applying the upmap key without swapping the exhaust and filter could have a significant negative impact on the engine since it will change the fueling.

You are likely better off having it remapped on a dyno or just installing a module like the RapidBike
Mariner likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #23 of 43 Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 PM

sinjin, are you running the full system or just the slip? If you are running the full, does Ducati provide an up map for the full on the 899?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 43 Old 05-08-2015, 06:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
sinjin, are you running the full system or just the slip? If you are running the full, does Ducati provide an up map for the full on the 899?
Just the slip-on. The 899 ECU doesn't contain a RACE map for the full system as the stock exhaust headers should provide sufficient flow for 98% of the aftermarket exhausts. In fact the upmap key is bike specific so if you purchase the full system, your key would not be compatible with the bike.

Only on the 1199 can you really benefit from the full system as the exhaust header on that engine can limit the potential performance.

You could go with the full Termi or full Akrapovic, which does reduce the overall weight of the bike, but that is about the only benefit unless you squeeze slightly more out of the engine by using a Tuneboy or RapidBike module which would be necessary anyway in order to replace the incompatible upmap key.

If you go the Termi route, the best advice I could give is go with a slip-on and then apply the extra cash to wheels or a slipper clutch.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #25 of 43 Old 05-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Thanks sinjin, a lot of good info. I just hit 600mi on a '15 and I can't decide if I should buy the slip or wait a few more months with the hope Ducati releases something for the full system(s). Im new to Ducati, so Im not sure if waiting for a full system upmap is something I should do. Thanks again, sorry if I thread jacked.
post #26 of 43 Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 AM

I have tried the Termignoni slipons on a couple 899s with both the Termignoni upmap and the RexXer 'Race' map.

Bike runs much much smoother with RexXer 'Race' map and also feels like it has a lot more mid range. I also took the Termi map off another 899 and loaded the RexXer 'Race' map on that and the owner also observed exactly what I observed. (We havealso removed the Termi map from several 1199 and replaced with a RexXer performance map and seen a similar improvement i smoothness and performance.)

Interestingly I have also run RexXer performance maps on a couple of 899s with just the standard slipons and they were also notably smoother and more powerful in a back to back comparisons with another bike fitted with termi slipons and Termi map.

It makes me think the Termi map is less than what it could be.

Vested interest declaration: I am the RexXer agent for New Zealand, but this doesn't change the results

Red 899, Custom graphics, RexXer map, Titax levers (better brake feel), R&G Racing axle siders, R&G Racing carbon fibre Engine Case Protectors, R&G Racing radiator guard, Ultrabatt Lithium Battery. Ducabike non slip foot pegs, Eazi-Grip tank grip, Nitron NTR R3 3-way adjustable shock.
post #27 of 43 Old 01-28-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBikeGear View Post
I have tried the Termignoni slipons on a couple 899s with both the Termignoni upmap and the RexXer 'Race' map.

Bike runs much much smoother with RexXer 'Race' map and also feels like it has a lot more mid range. I also took the Termi map off another 899 and loaded the RexXer 'Race' map on that and the owner also observed exactly what I observed. (We havealso removed the Termi map from several 1199 and replaced with a RexXer performance map and seen a similar improvement i smoothness and performance.)

Interestingly I have also run RexXer performance maps on a couple of 899s with just the standard slipons and they were also notably smoother and more powerful in a back to back comparisons with another bike fitted with termi slipons and Termi map.

Vested interest declaration: I am the RexXer agent for New Zealand, but this doesn't change the results
Good to know.
i'm thinking of leaving my cans stock and doing the tuneboy or rexxer. leaning more towards the tuneboy as it offer quickshift.
post #28 of 43 Old 01-28-2016, 04:54 PM

I did Tuneboy a month before I got my Termis. Only reason I got termi's is found a shop selling off for under $1000.
The tune did more than the termis did. There was some improvement early in mid-range from the termi's. The sound is better, and weight savings.
The new v6 tuneboy throttle maps are the biggest improvement.
post #29 of 43 Old 01-29-2016, 03:26 AM

How much for just the rexxer tune?
post #30 of 43 Old 02-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBikeGear View Post

hey FastbikeGear... would it be best to disable the O2 sensor when getting the Rexxer tune? i'm currently stock right now and about to get the Rexxer tune but may switch to the teri slip-ons later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denloho View Post
How much for just the rexxer tune?
Hey Denloho..I saw a listing on here for $295us for just the tune. you send your ECU to then and they flash it and send it back to you.
I've a found their only dealer in Canada it seems out in Quebec and gonna send my ECU to get it done. $340cnd + shipping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page