899 clutch pressure plate Mod for clear clutch cover - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

899 clutch pressure plate Mod for clear clutch cover

Hi everyone,

I’m facing an issue installing a ducabike clear clutch cover with a new red pressure plate. I got the Mag 1199 clutch cover but my mechanic says there’s 5 springs in the OEM clutch and the Ducabike is only 3 springs which will not fit.
How can I do it? What parts do I need to get? like from the 959 clutch will fit? What did you guys do to make it happen? Please help!

Thank you 🙏🏻
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 11:41 AM

i may be able to help.Let me check on my bike when I get home.You may have to forget about the coloured pressure plate and leave it stock.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-28-2019, 08:42 PM

I kept the stock pressure plate but added some colour using 5 red spring retainer washers.

As far as what or how much of a 959 clutch you have to swap out some one else will have to help you with that but I expect the whole thing if it's possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-29-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the info my dude! Well I found a used 959 clutch hub basket on eBay but facing PayPal payment issues like it won’t except it for some reason. But it looks like I have to either as you said or cash in the money and get a slipper clutch.

But I’ve seen this video on YouTube a guy took his 2014 white 899 to a shop with the same stuff I got but they had to buy extra OEM stuff to make it work but didn’t go into much details. I emailed the garage he dealt with but no response yet.

https://youtu.be/etTxSg28VgE this is the video
post #5 of 7 Old 10-29-2019, 10:38 AM

On that video he must have put in a non 899 complete clutch.Perhaps a complete 959 clutch or 1199. Or an after aftermarket slipper clutch.

Anothr option could be to powder coat on the visible side on the stock 899 pressure plate and use this for show,

Dissapointed that ducabike or anyone else does not makes and sell a coloured clutch
Piece for 899

Maybe the stock
pressure plate could be anodized a colour that you would like. Check out parts diagrams on Ducati Omaha for 959 clutches and part numbers and the same for 899 cluches.I bet all the friction discs and metal discs are the same while the basket and pressure plate are deferent.check out on Jaret Campisi YouTube channel his clear clutch job on his 959 it may reveal info on your project
post #6 of 7 Old 10-30-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Thank you!

I havnt heard anything from the guys on the video who worked on the bike. And yea I saw Campisi’s 959 build but I already checked with my dealer that the 959 part is different than the 899.

But good news I found a second hand 1299s clutch basket hub set on eBay witch has the 3 three springs but faced PayPal issues so I had a friend order it for me. So waiting on those parts to come in. Fingers crossed these would help the conversion and be able to use the ducabike red pressure plate!

We’ll update and show my progress!

Thanx again my dude!
post #7 of 7 Old 11-01-2019, 02:13 PM

No problem.Happy to help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page