Exhaust carbon heatshield - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust carbon heatshield

Help!!!! Need advice on carbon heatshield I have one at the moment but it has turned green I've striped it off anyway

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to solve this happening or any heatshield that will not do this or is it just best go back to stock oem one any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-14-2019, 10:18 PM

There was a thread about this a couple of years back, you may want to search that. Itís the resin - apparently, some manufactures use the resin that are not of appropriate heat range. I read that some are better than the others, but thatís all I can say. Mine is still stock, but it gets so hot, especially around the bolts that I think the plastic is being cooked and getting brittle.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Has your standard one started to discolour? Nightmare I thinking putting stock one back on but ducati UK want £190 😳😳😳
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-16-2019, 02:40 AM

I still use the standard heat shield. It’s started to fade from a nice black plastic to gray. But a quick wipe of 303 aerospace protectant (probably any rubber / vinyl protectant will work) keeps it looking nice and black again.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Garage
Another trick would just be to sand down the piece and re-apply resin to it. Leave alone with a matte look or apply clear coat. There are some YouTube videos with great DIY's. They tell you the products to get and step-by-step instructions. Should be easier as you don't have any cracks, just aesthetics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page