Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

Aftermarket grips -- recommendations?

16K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Ajax6 
#1 ·
Folks, I'm looking for some grips that provide some more cushion without feeling "spongy." Any recommendations/favorites out there?

Chris

#2 ·
Progrip 717 - no question

#12 ·
I had the pro-grips but within 300 miles you could see wear. They were super soft and wore very fast. Lasted me a year (21k until 37k, so they lasted 16k miles).

I've switched to these and love them, they are EXTREMELY grippy!! And as of now, I have 63k on the bike and they are just now showing some wear... almost double the life.

Spider PEAK Grip ? Spider Grips

#13 ·
Thanks Jessika. My ProGrips just arrived and I have to say I'm disappointed. They're certainly thinner than the stockers. Grip isn't of concern to me; I have great gloves. But I need some cushion; my hands go numb after riding for a while. I'll give those Spider's a look.

#15 ·
#16 ·
yeah, i found the same as Jess. I had the ProGrips and they only lasted a year... I would not buy them again, unless i couldn't find anything better...
But this time i decided to tor the Domino Grips this time... So far so good. But i didn't ride anywhere near as much now as I did on the ProGripss, so i can't give any opinion on the Domino's till next year.
I can say, there were a ***** to install, which could have been because i had heat elements on the bars making them thicker.

Reactions: darkfire
#20 ·
here you go,
here's a video i posted right after i swapped my exhaust... you can see the Domino Grips pretty clearly in it...

#21 ·
Domino grips are still our favorites!

Domino MotoGP Grips

Domino XM2 Grips

You can view the various colors and order them directly from this link : Domino Grips for Ducati Panigale

Remember forum members get a discount when they use the code 899PANIGALE at checkout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.