Aftermarket grips -- recommendations? - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 07-21-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Aftermarket grips -- recommendations?

Folks, I'm looking for some grips that provide some more cushion without feeling "spongy." Any recommendations/favorites out there?

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-21-2017, 11:23 PM

Garage
Progrip 717 - no question

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #3 of 23 Old 07-22-2017, 05:33 PM

I just put some domino moto gp grips on my bike last night.

difficult to install, but i like them so far

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/domino-motogp-grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 07-23-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeown View Post
I just put some domino moto gp grips on my bike last night.

difficult to install, but i like them so far

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/domino-motogp-grips
Thanks -- I was looking at the Domino XM2s (https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...nt=22544940803).

Any tips on how to install? I wouldn't even know where to begin.
post #5 of 23 Old 07-23-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
Progrip 717 - no question
Thanks sinjin. Any idea how those compare to the 715s? Progrip has such a broad selection I'm finding it hard to narrow down to something that would fit my need.
post #6 of 23 Old 07-23-2017, 04:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfire View Post
Thanks sinjin. Any idea how those compare to the 715s? Progrip has such a broad selection I'm finding it hard to narrow down to something that would fit my need.

I am not sure how all the various models compare, myself... the 717 was recommended to me and I like them far more than the stock. The compounds appear to be the same along the double density line and it seems like the major difference is the style of the grip, however that might be naÔve and wrong.

I have heard several best practices for installing the grips and the best ranked in my mind are using a few zip ties to slip the grip on and having a can of compressed air or an air compressor to assist in getting them in position.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #7 of 23 Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks sinjin. Any tips for getting the stock grips off? Will they just slide off? How do I remove the bar-end?
post #8 of 23 Old 07-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
I am not sure how all the various models compare, myself... the 717 was recommended to me and I like them far more than the stock. The compounds appear to be the same along the double density line and it seems like the major difference is the style of the grip, however that might be naÔve and wrong.

I have heard several best practices for installing the grips and the best ranked in my mind are using a few zip ties to slip the grip on and having a can of compressed air or an air compressor to assist in getting them in position.

' using a few zip ties to slip the grip' **** that's genius, will have to try that next time
post #9 of 23 Old 07-24-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks sinjin. Any tips for getting the stock grips off? Will they just slide off? How do I remove the bar-end?
i was never able to get the bar ends off with a star driver. torqued on way too much.

vise grips.
post #10 of 23 Old 07-24-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks -- I was looking at the Domino XM2s (https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...nt=22544940803).

Any tips on how to install? I wouldn't even know where to begin.
the clutch side isn't so bad. i used soap to provide some lube, lots of hard pushing

i'm down with Sinjin's zip tie trick, i'm assuming he means put a few length wise between the grip and the bar and slide on. some simple but genius (smack myself of the back of the head).

i took the throttle tube off. i got a bench grinder and ground the ring on the end, and the raised grip tabs. no way i could have gotten that grip on (very tight fit) with those things on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page