2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 Old 07-24-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good stuff, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 07-25-2017, 02:03 PM

I had the pro-grips but within 300 miles you could see wear. They were super soft and wore very fast. Lasted me a year (21k until 37k, so they lasted 16k miles).

I've switched to these and love them, they are EXTREMELY grippy!! And as of now, I have 63k on the bike and they are just now showing some wear... almost double the life.

Spider PEAK Grip ? Spider Grips

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale
post #13 of 23 Old 07-27-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
I had the pro-grips but within 300 miles you could see wear. They were super soft and wore very fast. Lasted me a year (21k until 37k, so they lasted 16k miles).

I've switched to these and love them, they are EXTREMELY grippy!! And as of now, I have 63k on the bike and they are just now showing some wear... almost double the life.

Spider PEAK Grip ? Spider Grips

Thanks Jessika. My ProGrips just arrived and I have to say I'm disappointed. They're certainly thinner than the stockers. Grip isn't of concern to me; I have great gloves. But I need some cushion; my hands go numb after riding for a while. I'll give those Spider's a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 08-04-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
@XCLR8TN -- I ordered some of those Spider's. They're nice! Thanks for the tip!
post #15 of 23 Old 08-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Site Vendor

The Domino MotoGP are great for the track riders. If you want something softer, you can get the Domino XM2 Grips.

Can be found here, free shipping to anywhere in USA also use forum discount code 899PANIGALE at checkout to get a forum discount:

https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...959-1299/grips

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

899 Panigale Discount code 899PANIGALE
post #16 of 23 Old 08-09-2017, 03:20 PM

yeah, i found the same as Jess. I had the ProGrips and they only lasted a year... I would not buy them again, unless i couldn't find anything better...
But this time i decided to tor the Domino Grips this time... So far so good. But i didn't ride anywhere near as much now as I did on the ProGripss, so i can't give any opinion on the Domino's till next year.
I can say, there were a bitch to install, which could have been because i had heat elements on the bars making them thicker.
darkfire likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -
post #17 of 23 Old 08-10-2017, 01:59 AM

+1 on the DOMINO MotoGP grips. Worth the effort to install. ProGrip 717's a close second.
krissrock likes this.

....it said "Not legal for road use". At least it did until I ground it off with a Dremel.
post #18 of 23 Old 08-13-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrowns1kr View Post
+1 on the DOMINO MotoGP grips. Worth the effort to install. ProGrip 717's a close second.
Got a pic of those Dominos installed? Or @krissrock how about you?
post #19 of 23 Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfire View Post
Got a pic of those Dominos installed? Or @krissrock how about you?
sorry, for the delay...not on here too much anymore. Lemme check...I may have a video of them when my friend took my bike for a spin...

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

post #20 of 23 Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 AM

here you go,
here's a video i posted right after i swapped my exhaust... you can see the Domino Grips pretty clearly in it...

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page