Throttle Spacer! Best upgrade yet! - Page 3 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 09-27-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ge-spot View Post
Nup sorry, i can't bite my tongue any longer so i'm going to poke this hornets nest and let the cards fall where they may.

I just don't get this whole sooking and crying about the free play in the throttle thing. Have none of you ridden any other bikes before? Cos i am yet to ride anything that doesn't have some free play in the throttle. It's not by accident you know, it's actually an intentional thing deliberately engineered into motorcycles.

Then there are other posts from people complaining about the throttle being to snatchy in race mode.
So which is it? Is the throttle too sensitive or to sloppy?

C'mon! You can't seriously expect me to believe i am the only rider left who has decent throttle control and has never found this an issue. Cos i tell ya, this is not something i have ever given a second thought to, let alone had it interfere with my riding.
I even considered buying a set of these just to see what the **** has got everyone so worked up but honestly, i've got better things to spend my $30USD/$40AUD/30,000 buttons on. Booze and pizza come to mind, although i am trying not to eat too much pizza as i may get fat fingers and lose that special throttle sensitivity i have, lmao!

And please Mr spacey please don't think i'm casting shade on you or your little cookie cutter thingy's, i'm totally not and am all for people coming up with neat ways to fill a niche and make a buck. People (and especially Ducati owners) spend all sorts of silly amounts of money on totally ridiculous things and i'm a strong believer in each to their own. But when they go on about it like they've found god or something i'm kinda left scratching my head at what the big deal is.

Ok, rant over. If nothing else i have given this thread a bump so more people can see it and realise that they have found something they absolutely must have for fear of the earths rotational forces suddenly going into reverse if they don't.
The pessimism is strong with this one

Don't worry, I get it, and I'm exactly the same way. Just watch the video, listen to the feedback, maybe even give it a shot for $30. There's no other mod even remotely in this price range that improves our bikes to this extent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 09-27-2016, 02:31 PM

Basically if you're never in bad traffic lane splitting or at a stop light on a hill and stalled when it turned green like a noob then you really don't need this. But my brain has now been programmed that when I'm twisting the throttle at 5% from dead zero, the bike better give me 5%.

This just give you better precision when you close the throttle all the way and open it again.

Yes other bikes has throttle slop, but this one has one of the most. You can't even adjust it unless you put a spacer on it unlike throttle cables.

Older cars have them too. Even then I would remove the slack from the gas peddle to the throttle body to get increased response.

Meh. I just woke up from a nap if none of this is makes sense. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panigalespacers likes this.
post #23 of 24 Old 11-20-2018, 06:20 PM

Garage
I did the thorttle spacer upgrade (from Ducati Spacers) in June of this year. God ****, I didn't know that such a small (and easy) upgrade would make such a difference. It's easier to rev-match now.

The bike truly should have been shipped like this from the start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old 11-26-2018, 12:49 PM

I agree 100% helishmeli. These bikes and other models should come with this from the factory. Absolutely changes the experience when riding the bike. Thanks for a wonderful product DucatiSpacers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page