Slipper Clutch Question! - Page 2 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 06-03-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick89 View Post
What tool is everyone using for swapping out the basket? I got a $20 vise grip style job off eBay, but I feel like holding the basket by just two teeth and tightening to the 190nm is going to cause damage to the new basket. Any feedback on this?
Great question Mick89 ... are any special tools required to install the Ducabike slipper clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 06-03-2016, 10:18 AM

For those of you recommending slippers, do you know how to rev match downshifts under braking?

I've never noticed a need for a slipper but perhaps I can see there is an enhanced safety factor if you botch a rev match on track
post #13 of 18 Old 06-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
For those of you recommending slippers, do you know how to rev match downshifts under braking?

I've never noticed a need for a slipper but perhaps I can see there is an enhanced safety factor if you botch a rev match on track
Yes.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 06-03-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Depends on how you ride. Around town? you proly wont really use it to its full advantage.
I could have lived without a slipper. Taking slop out of the throttle helps too.

When I got the TB and setup up the blipper downshift, it took a while to adjust the settings to get it to feel ride. At one point i disabled the downshift cause of how harsh the higher downshifts were. After Ive installed my slipper, and reset the TB downshift, Its been a night/day experience on my local "mountain run"

Now that the 959 has one standard points towards that Its better to have some sort of mechincal slipper than rely on the "electronic slipper"
post #15 of 18 Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 AM

Garage
Hello Trieste
With the two conical washers the one supplied from Ducabike and the OEM one what way are they supposed to go in , I'm reading the instructions from Ducabike and getting more confused.
Thanks
Rico

Ride or Die
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 18 Old 06-05-2016, 08:06 AM
mtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomsl View Post
Great question Mick89 ... are any special tools required to install the Ducabike slipper clutch
I bought the Bellisimoto wet clutch holding tool to do mine.

Have not tried it yet but will let everyone know how it works when I do. It looks like it should work great though.

I'm going to use it for a Yoyo clutch, but not sure it's that much different.
post #17 of 18 Old 07-31-2019, 05:13 AM

I read that you need to hold the drive gear in place as its spring loaded or else new basket won't go in, how do you guys do that?
post #18 of 18 Old 07-31-2019, 05:13 AM

what you guys use to hold the clutch basket?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page