Rearsets!! - Page 11 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 107 Old 02-28-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittman13 View Post
Hey Guys, I am leaning towards the rizomas at this point. A question, mostly for Oni, did you manage getting away with the existing rear brake switch?

And, from the photos it looks like you guys remove the return spring from the rear break cylinder. Is there any particular reason for doing this?
I never saw an answer to the return spring question, and I just got done installing the Rizoma rear sets on my bike.

You don't need the stock return spring because the Rizoma's have a return spring built into the lever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 107 Old 03-23-2016, 02:25 AM

I have the Rizomas as well...zero issues hooking them up. They install like an OEM component and perform great. The adjustable settings that change the peg's height, forward/rear position, and extension from the frame are nice. I found this particularly helpful being a relatively tall person (6'2") on a Panigale.
sinjin likes this.
post #103 of 107 Old 04-01-2016, 07:01 PM

To those who have installed the rearsets, is there one that could move the peg forward (and up a bit). It seems like the most of them adjust backward from the factory position. So far the only one that specifically states the forward movement from the factory position is Sato rearsets, which seems to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 107 Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM

I second that question. I'm 5 ft 10 and my knees just don't quite get high enough on the tank to grip it without feeling like a little girl who's holding in a piss lol. Up and forward would be nice
post #105 of 107 Old 06-07-2017, 01:02 AM

Garage
Zombie thread revival

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty1001972 View Post
I know a lot of guys who use the china stuff for their track bikes and they do the job.....more of the point, if you stack it, it's not alot of $$$$ to replace.

Make sure you read the feedback (as I am sure you know already).....the main issue with china made products is fitting and aftersales might not be to the high standards we expect.....maybe thats me being cynical as I live in HK and work with chinese factories....but when they do something well, can't beat it.

Had a look at feedback and all good for them....even for a set for a 749.
Hi, did you land up getting these Ebay rearsets? Would love a review of the same. I'm planning on getting myself a set of eBay specials as well, they are too cheap to resist and from what reviews I've seen for other bikes, quality isn't too bad either.
post #106 of 107 Old 06-28-2017, 08:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Somerville View Post
I second that question. I'm 5 ft 10 and my knees just don't quite get high enough on the tank to grip it without feeling like a little girl who's holding in a piss lol. Up and forward would be nice
I am 5'10" too, and I am still new to this bike.

Is the bike not designed for people our height? Are we too short ?
post #107 of 107 Old 06-29-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helishmeli View Post
I am 5'10" too, and I am still new to this bike.

Is the bike not designed for people our height? Are we too short ?
Well...I'm definitely too short for it at 5'5". Also, I was told that I'm probably too light for it, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page