Homologated exhaust? - Page 2 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 08-21-2015, 10:51 AM

Garage
The exhaust are available but in ducati's site it states is 1299 only and not homolagated which is weird cause the R brings it stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 08-25-2015, 03:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabriciom View Post
The exhaust are available but in ducati's site it states is 1299 only and not homolagated which is weird cause the R brings it stock.
The guy below installed the 1299 Akra (you can see it has the Ducati Performance logo on the cans) on his 899. Don't know why he went this route since the 1299 one is significantly more expensive than the old Akras designed for the 899/1199.

As for the R having it stock, I was told by the Ducati dealership here that they are having a lot of trouble getting it approved by the local transport agency here. They are having to sell the R by informing prospective buyers that the exhaust is not street-legal despite it being apparently 'homologated'.

Mariner and Ge-spot like this.
post #13 of 22 Old 08-25-2015, 04:34 AM

Garage
The guy went with the ones by Ducati for the same reason I'm looking for one. Which is, assuming it's homolagated for the R than it should be street legal for the 899...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 Old 08-25-2015, 07:43 AM

Do you have any buddies with a certification letter? Why not just photshop one and print one off yourself? Is a cop on the roadside really going to know the difference?

Any special stamp or embossing on the letter? Get a buddy to "lose" his certificate letter and get another one to replace and give you an original?
post #15 of 22 Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDucati View Post
Do you have any buddies with a certification letter? Why not just photshop one and print one off yourself? Is a cop on the roadside really going to know the difference?

Any special stamp or embossing on the letter? Get a buddy to "lose" his certificate letter and get another one to replace and give you an original?
My problems is not the cops, every 2 years we have to pass a government vehicle examination. I do not have a document for my current exhaust but they do have ducati stamped in them.
post #16 of 22 Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
My problems is not the cops, every 2 years we have to pass a government vehicle examination. I do not have a document for my current exhaust but they do have ducati stamped in them.
In that case, why not use non-homologated slip-ons, and switch back to the stock ones once every two years at examination?

We have inspections here as well. If my only concern was the annual inspection, I'd be running slip-ons for sure and get them to switch before inspection.
post #17 of 22 Old 08-26-2015, 02:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
In that case, why not use non-homologated slip-ons, and switch back to the stock ones once every two years at examination?

We have inspections here as well. If my only concern was the annual inspection, I'd be running slip-ons for sure and get them to switch before inspection.
Well the deal is I live in an apartment complex and do not have a garage. But if I could install the complete system and have my stock exhaust easily changed for the akras that would be awesome. I just haven't had a way to verify is this was posible...
post #18 of 22 Old 08-26-2015, 02:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Well the deal is I live in an apartment complex and do not have a garage. But if I could install the complete system and have my stock exhaust easily changed for the akras that would be awesome. I just haven't had a way to verify is this was posible...
I see. The performance gains with a full system aren't really there (other than saving another 2kg and having nicer looking pipes), so might be easier just to go with a slip-on. That can be relatively easily installed and removed.

Not tempted to go with the Akra slip-on?
post #19 of 22 Old 08-26-2015, 03:00 AM

Garage
The price difference was minimal for slip and full system. So i would rather go with the full system for the looks and the weight saving.
post #20 of 22 Old 09-04-2015, 01:34 PM
phL

the slip on on the 2015 1199 r is a titanium akrapovic exhaust but has the same design like the stock cans of the 1299. this one is road legal, but only fits with the 1299 headers.

the other akra you can buy regularly has no certificate.

modded exhaust for 899/1199:$450 /959/1299:$550 - more flow, more sound, less heat ---> mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

also offering:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page