Akrapovic Slip-Ons Now IN STOCK! - Page 3 - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old 07-26-2014, 09:32 AM

I've read somewhere that Akras having been melting the fairing plastics; any truth to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_899 View Post
I've read somewhere that Akras having been melting the fairing plastics; any truth to it?
We haven't had any problems.
post #23 of 29 Old 09-06-2014, 01:59 PM

@jarelj is the full akra for the 899 cross compatible to the 1199? I think I might pull the trigger if I can take this off this bike and get it on an 1199 if i decide to go that route in the future.

If not what parts would I need to replace. Hopefully not the whole thing

The fastest way between two points is on two wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old 09-06-2014, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouse34 View Post
@jarelj is the full akra for the 899 cross compatible to the 1199? I think I might pull the trigger if I can take this off this bike and get it on an 1199 if i decide to go that route in the future.

If not what parts would I need to replace. Hopefully not the whole thing
Yes its the same exhaust for either 899 or 1199.
post #25 of 29 Old 07-30-2018, 05:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
If you check out the tech specs page, you can see that they are slightly louder on paper, however I seem to think that the numbers don't do them justice.

Also, the microphone on the sound clip is better than most, but there is a definite improvement to the tone and raspy note over stock.

If I were to go with the Akrapovic system, I would defiantly go with the full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
My recommendation would be if you want the great Akrapovic sound as your main driver, and you don't want to mess with remapping, then get the Slip-On. It looks great, sounds great, and so far the ones we've installed with stock fuel mapping have ran fine with no ill effects. If it's a track bike, and you don't mind having your ECU reflashed or installing another remapping solutions such as the rapid-bike, AND you're trying to get maximum horsepower in addition to the sound, then get the full system.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, couple questions;

1. Is the akrapovic slip-on muffler the same one as the muffler in the akra full system? Do they have have cats?

2. If I get the slip-on, could I upgrade the headers to akra later? Probably not, just wanna make sure.
post #26 of 29 Old 07-30-2018, 06:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by helishmeli View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, couple questions;

1. Is the akrapovic slip-on muffler the same one as the muffler in the akra full system? Do they have have cats?

2. If I get the slip-on, could I upgrade the headers to akra later? Probably not, just wanna make sure.
The aftermarket Akrapovic exhaust do not have cats. The homologated DP Akrapovic exhaust, like those that come stock on the Panigale R, do have cats.

I believe that you can order the headers separately. However, at this point, it would likely be a case of availability and cost.
helishmeli likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #27 of 29 Old 07-31-2018, 12:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
The aftermarket Akrapovic exhaust do not have cats. The homologated DP Akrapovic exhaust, like those that come stock on the Panigale R, do have cats.

I believe that you can order the headers separately. However, at this point, it would likely be a case of availability and cost.
Gotcha, one more quick question if you don't mind:

I just ordered an 899 akra slip-on from superbikeunlimited. I am worried that had I ordered it from ducati, it would have come with an up-map.

Can you confirm that the 899 akra does NOT come with an up-map no matter if I order it from a ducati dealer or if I order it from a third part seller?

The link to the part I ordered is below. I guess I am concerned whether or not I would be getting a different product if I ordered from Ducati because the part number I ordered I cannot find on any ducati site (akrapovic part S-D9SO4-T)

Akrapovic Racing Titanium Slip On Mufflers 14-15 Ducati 899 Panigale
post #28 of 29 Old 07-31-2018, 08:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by helishmeli View Post
Gotcha, one more quick question if you don't mind:

I just ordered an 899 akra slip-on from superbikeunlimited. I am worried that had I ordered it from ducati, it would have come with an up-map.

Can you confirm that the 899 akra does NOT come with an up-map no matter if I order it from a ducati dealer or if I order it from a third part seller?

The link to the part I ordered is below. I guess I am concerned whether or not I would be getting a different product if I ordered from Ducati because the part number I ordered I cannot find on any ducati site (akrapovic part S-D9SO4-T)

Akrapovic Racing Titanium Slip On Mufflers 14-15 Ducati 899 Panigale
The non-homologated (no cats) DP Akrapovic exhaust for the 959 and 1299 comes with an upmap; this one should not. If you were to have ordered the DP kit from a Ducati dealer, it would have come with the upmap which would not be compatible with the 899. I suppose you might be able to order a non Ducati Performance slip on from a dealer, but it would have to be the Akrapovic part number instead of a Ducati part number.
helishmeli likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Full Akrapovic titanium Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

Last edited by sinjin; 07-31-2018 at 08:22 PM.
post #29 of 29 Old 08-03-2018, 09:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
The non-homologated (no cats) DP Akrapovic exhaust for the 959 and 1299 comes with an upmap; this one should not. If you were to have ordered the DP kit from a Ducati dealer, it would have come with the upmap which would not be compatible with the 899. I suppose you might be able to order a non Ducati Performance slip on from a dealer, but it would have to be the Akrapovic part number instead of a Ducati part number.
Gotcha, thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page