Termignoni Full System vs Slip-ons - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 11-28-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Termignoni Full System vs Slip-ons

Hey guys. I have the option to purchase the Termignoni pipes separate of the slip-ons from a friend. This would connect to my to connect to my existing slips.
This is not a comparison between Termis' and Akra.

The Dyno images I could find with the Slips and Termignoni Full system comes from our very own @minibus and @Sash.

Termignoni Slip-On

Akrapovic Full System

Most reports of the Termi-slips & dyno tests confirm that the base HP of the 899 increases by approx 5HP with the Up-map.

I have not been successful searching for a before and after dyno of the Termi full exhaust for the 899.

The full system isn't made of titanium. Are there other users who can attest to their benefits in terms of performance and eliminating the sudden 8K boost in power? Goals of having the system feel more linear.

Straights are for fast bikes, turns are for fast riders.
Aprilia Shiver 750: SOLD
Ducati Panigale 899: Track Weapon
Ducati Monster 1200: Daily Weapon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 11-28-2016, 11:21 PM

If you can wait about a week or so I'm getting mine dyno'd and I just installed a full termi on it. I also have a K&N race air filter and a sprint p08 air filter that I'm gonna compare as well
post #3 of 40 Old 11-28-2016, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3yrey View Post
If you can wait about a week or so I'm getting mine dyno'd and I just installed a full termi on it. I also have a K&N race air filter and a sprint p08 air filter that I'm gonna compare as well
I'd appreciate that. I want to see the gains over stock and see how the torque is affected.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 11-29-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post

I'd appreciate that. I want to see the gains over stock and see how the torque is affected.
No prob. I'll post the results here or on the Ducati group page on fb.
post #5 of 40 Old 11-29-2016, 01:30 AM

Garage
Have you thought about putting the 1299 headers which are 60mm and getting the 1299 slip ons?

That would give you a fairly good flowing cheap system.

899 - 1299 full exhaust - RapidBike Evo - re sprung for weight - Road duties
959 - Ohlins DU930 with flat link & Ohlins forks with NIX 30mm - DB Holders subframe - DP rear sets - Lithium battery - OZ Racing wheels - Akra Titanuim Full Exhaust
post #6 of 40 Old 11-29-2016, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
Have you thought about putting the 1299 headers which are 60mm and getting the 1299 slip ons?

That would give you a fairly good flowing cheap system.
That's a very interesting idea, but I already own the Termignoni Slip on Exhaust and I think they're the more attractive option over stockies.

post #7 of 40 Old 11-29-2016, 01:16 PM

Garage
What I meant was headers from the 1299 and Termi slip ons for the 1299 to match mate.

Yes the aftermarket slip ons are lighter and flow better.

899 - 1299 full exhaust - RapidBike Evo - re sprung for weight - Road duties
959 - Ohlins DU930 with flat link & Ohlins forks with NIX 30mm - DB Holders subframe - DP rear sets - Lithium battery - OZ Racing wheels - Akra Titanuim Full Exhaust
post #8 of 40 Old 11-30-2016, 05:48 PM

Garage
@Panzer

Keep the slip ons.

I got the first 899 in Colorado and turned it immediately into a racebike. At the same time, and having the tuning done at the same shop, a friend got an early bike in Texas.

I found a good deal on the full system and he bought the slip ons. Technically there is no Termi full system for the 899, mine is marketed for the 1199. We flashed the ECU for my bike, so we didn't use any specific up-map.

The 899 headers flow very well for the stock displacement, there is no need to replace them. Our bikes make nearly identical power on the same dyno run back-to-back. Same tire, same pressure, same everything except for exhaust. The bikes were tuned individually, but the maps are VERY close. There is no advantage to the full system on the 899.

With he disclaimer that it's a different dyno, with a different operator on a different day - my bike makes about the same power as the charts above. 138 HP and 69 ft/lbs (the torque number in the first chart is suspect - I've removed the peak for basis of comparison)
Panzer likes this.
post #9 of 40 Old 12-01-2016, 12:33 PM

This is a great idea in theory, but dyno readings can vary so widely that it's not really a useful comparison unless it's the same bike and same atmospheric conditions, same operator, etc etc.
post #10 of 40 Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 AM

The main reason is not for HP gain, but for weight savings. The Termi but more so the Ti Akra's are alot lighter.
The OEM 1299 would be a waste of effort for such small hp gain, yet same weight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page