ConStands 899 Center Paddock Lift Stand - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

ConStands 899 Center Paddock Lift Stand

I wanted a stand that I could use to both move the bike easily and also perform any maintenance and removing both the front and rear wheels.

I stumbled upon the ConStands center lift stand, which can come with 899 attachments, which importantly, do not require any changes to the body work.

You can see a video of it in operation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiWbuc1jFQ (not my video)

I received the stand today and it took about 45 minutes to put together and setup. The stand itself is quite heavy (which is a good thing, I guess) and putting it together is a breeze. You just have to install the roller wheels (make sure you put the stopper wheels on the front) and the handle.

As for the bike specific bracket, it was a little fiddly to install, but not impossible. The one of the two allen head bolts that you have to remove is quite tricky to access as it is right behind a bracket.

I had/have a slight issue with one of the connection points. It is incredibly tight fit, which means you almost need to hammer it into place when connecting the bike to the stand. This isn't a problem until you try and remove the stand, which requires a little bit of persuading. Adding some WD40 helps the process, but it is definitely not as easy as the video posted above. I'm guessing this will just become looser over time. I also could probably sand it down a little.

It's also probably good to note that you need to put the side stand up before attaching the stand. Understandable, but a little annoying.

As for the parts connected to the bike, I thought it may interfere with your foot, but it does not appear to. So that's good.

Overall, a pretty good solution. Very stable with the bike lifted right up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	20465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1192.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	20473   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Views:	1567
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	20481   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	20489  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-24-2015, 09:15 AM

so those bolts stay on all the time...
do you find that your legs hits the one in the rear when putting your leg down at stops? it looks like it was scrape up your leg since it's not a chamfered end like the other.

how much was this too?
I'd really like to get a stand like this since my front stand doesn't work that well with the Pani, but the prices are usually just too much to justify when I already have conventional stands

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Front and Rear R&G Sliders , Rizoma B-Pro pegs, Ducati performance carbon tank protector, Pit Bull Spools, NRC FEK, R&G Radiator Guards, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Red Wheels, ProGrip 717, Heated Grips

2001 Audi TT Quattro Roadster -

Last edited by krissrock; 03-24-2015 at 09:21 AM.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-31-2015, 08:49 AM

311 Euros, that's about 336 U$

Last edited by MarkDucati; 03-31-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 AM

Last year Advrider.com was getting a group by April 2014... They said for 10 orders price was $400 shipped to your door, $390 for 20 orders... That seems to be more in line with the 359 Euro price... That's a heavy piece of metal to ship, prob 30-40 bucks to ship from Germany?

I'd bet we could get a group buy $350 US shipped to our door with their current reduced price?
post #5 of 9 Old 03-31-2015, 09:05 AM

I'd be down for one.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-01-2015, 08:18 AM

Can't make my mind up. I like the idea of storing the bike like this. My only worry is if it breaks and the bike can't fall on its stand.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-03-2015, 07:36 PM

Bursig one doesn't require any hardware installed on bike.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-22-2016, 12:05 AM

I'm interesting in one ...like inmediately . Let's do a group buy
post #9 of 9 Old 05-19-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdougan View Post
I wanted a stand that I could use to both move the bike easily and also perform any maintenance and removing both the front and rear wheels.

I stumbled upon the ConStands center lift stand, which can come with 899 attachments, which importantly, do not require any changes to the body work.

You can see a video of it in operation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiWbuc1jFQ (not my video)

I received the stand today and it took about 45 minutes to put together and setup. The stand itself is quite heavy (which is a good thing, I guess) and putting it together is a breeze. You just have to install the roller wheels (make sure you put the stopper wheels on the front) and the handle.

As for the bike specific bracket, it was a little fiddly to install, but not impossible. The one of the two allen head bolts that you have to remove is quite tricky to access as it is right behind a bracket.

I had/have a slight issue with one of the connection points. It is incredibly tight fit, which means you almost need to hammer it into place when connecting the bike to the stand. This isn't a problem until you try and remove the stand, which requires a little bit of persuading. Adding some WD40 helps the process, but it is definitely not as easy as the video posted above. I'm guessing this will just become looser over time. I also could probably sand it down a little.

It's also probably good to note that you need to put the side stand up before attaching the stand. Understandable, but a little annoying.

As for the parts connected to the bike, I thought it may interfere with your foot, but it does not appear to. So that's good.

Overall, a pretty good solution. Very stable with the bike lifted right up.
Rdougan, did that tight connection point get any better over time? Did you end up sanding it down?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page