5 Things I hate about the 899 Panigale - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-09-2016, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

5 Things I hate about the 899 Panigale

Guys...to start before I get bashed... I LOVE my 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale... but I hate these 5 things...Call it Ducati "character" if you will, but these 5 things probably bug me the most and I wanted to share my thoughts with you

Otherwise, beside these obvious cost cutting moves on some parts, again.. I love this motorcycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M4WZOutuYo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-09-2016, 01:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonduren View Post
Guys...to start before I get bashed... I LOVE my 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale... but I hate these 5 things...Call it Ducati "character" if you will, but these 5 things probably bug me the most and I wanted to share my thoughts with you

Otherwise, beside these obvious cost cutting moves on some parts, again.. I love this motorcycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M4WZOutuYo
It is your bike and you are welcome to your opinion... I for one am not going to criticize you for it. Though, if you are going to express it, then list them out. I don't want to watch a video on YouTube.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP4 Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Bonamici Rearsets, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #3 of 12 Old 05-09-2016, 05:17 PM

click bait......
Rowan, sinjin and Bobcat Sig like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-09-2016, 06:01 PM

Garage
Seat is OK
Heat? Not too bad
Pegs are a bit slippery
Mirrors are quite good for a Ducati Superbike
What was the other thing Potty mouth?

Yeah don't click on it, he's a flip.
Chewyguns, axiomsl and Bobcat Sig like this.

899 - 1299 full exhaust - RapidBike Evo - re sprung for weight - Road duties
959 - Ohlins DU930 with flat link & Ohlins forks with NIX 30mm - DB Holders subframe - DP rear sets - Lithium battery - OZ Racing wheels - Akra Titanuim Full Exhaust
post #5 of 12 Old 05-10-2016, 07:29 AM

Firstly, I liked your detailing video. I watched that. 'Liked' it even. Informative. To the point. And something I would watch again when the time comes to clean my bike. So you get multiple views from 1 viewer = more dollars for you...

Secondly, this video wasn't any of those things.

Seat. The seats are fine. I toured Australia on mine.

Heat. You are straddling a performance machine generating 12,000 controlled explosions every minute between your legs. It's a Superbike that goes very fast. The outcome is heat. Also you live in Canada. It's kinda cold there. I live in Australia, and it's currently Winter here and it's 29C tomorrow. Heat... you've only tasted heat. I was born in it. Molded by it.

Footpegs. I replaced mine only because I was track riding. Street riding in the torrential rain the pegs were never an issue. Maybe it's because I didn't wear sneakers?

Paint. Yeah OK. I agree with you there. It sucks.

Mirrors. Ride a MV Agusta for awhile. For a V-twin sportbike, mirrors are fine.

1) If you're going to swear, be good at it. I was a chef, my close friends are maritime sailors, and to us the ability to sew a great insult is an art. Swearing for effect also has it's moments but it just seems like you were struggling to fill a 3 minute video. You didn't swear at all during the detailing video. Why now? If you hope to create a strong following, either tone it back a bit or tell me to get f*cked in a creative way.

2) Don't make click bait posts on an internet forum. Make your points in a post, then add the video at the bottom. You might get more people involved in your debate rather then hating the Internet because you've wasted their time.

Good Luck
vyruz, Kim, Warhammer and 7 others like this.

Last edited by Rowan; 05-10-2016 at 07:34 AM.
post #6 of 12 Old 05-10-2016, 07:59 AM

Garage
Rowan Artful

899 - 1299 full exhaust - RapidBike Evo - re sprung for weight - Road duties
959 - Ohlins DU930 with flat link & Ohlins forks with NIX 30mm - DB Holders subframe - DP rear sets - Lithium battery - OZ Racing wheels - Akra Titanuim Full Exhaust
post #7 of 12 Old 05-10-2016, 04:45 PM

agree, dont need more click bait...
post #8 of 12 Old 05-10-2016, 05:10 PM

Rowan love your work
post #9 of 12 Old 05-11-2016, 03:02 AM

Garage
Excellent feedback Rowan.

I've enjoyed a few of Sonduren's videos, but it irks me when YouTube vloggers use the forum to advertise their videos but provided minimum forum contribution.

Sonduren, I hope you keep making your videos. I search 899 related keywords regularly enough on YouTube and enjoy watching new videos about our bikes. But like everyone's said, no more click bait. Write out your thoughts as you would normally do in a post, and provide a link to the video.
Karlos, Ge-spot and SiDeWAyZz like this.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-16-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Good feedback guys definitely understand

At least some of you agree with me on some of the negatives haha.

I will say this tho, I am getting the seat re cushioned with memory foam, hope its much better !

Last edited by Sonduren; 05-16-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page