+ B.O.D.H.O.M Progress Thread + - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-13-2017, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

+ B.O.D.H.O.M Progress Thread +

Hello everyone!

Just upgraded from my 2015 CBR650f to a 2014 899 a few days ago and I'm loving the performance increase to say the least. The aesthetics of the panigale's are just amazing which is what mainly sold me.

I'll definitely mod it here and there, probably nothing too crazy but I'm mainly here for guidance and ideas.

Instagram is @b.o.d.h.o.m for those that go on there.

First off, what are our headlight upgrade options? I'll start searching but if anyone feels obliged to let me know that would be great as well

Here she is....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 12:05 PM

I went with the Philips Diamond Vision H11 Bulbs - 5000K bulbs... they have a cool white color that looks very very close to HID's... I think the bulbs were like $50 bucks off ebay. I only changed the low beam bulbs as to do the high beams requires taking the front fairing nose fairing off and disassembly of the headlight assembly. If you go true HID's, that's more expensive and work than I was willing to get into.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDucati View Post
I went with the Philips Diamond Vision H11 Bulbs - 5000K bulbs... they have a cool white color that looks very very close to HID's... I think the bulbs were like $50 bucks off ebay. I only changed the low beam bulbs as to do the high beams requires taking the front fairing nose fairing off and disassembly of the headlight assembly. If you go true HID's, that's more expensive and work than I was willing to get into.
A big reason for the headlight upgrade is to have the color match better with the DRL but I also want more light output so just putting in different bulbs probably isn't good enough for me.

Ok yea I'm looking at HID kits and from what I see on this forum, they don't fit very well and some cutting is needed... :/ Oh well I'll probably give it a shot. It should be worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 05:00 PM

welcome to the forums. good looking bike.

2003 Turbo 350Z - Silverstone - Sold
2015 899 Panigale - Artic White
post #5 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 05:04 PM

Hmmm... for all that work of cutting and splicing, I'd just buy a 1299 head light.

Yeah...BTW, welcome :-)

First mods, lose the passenger pegs if you don't need them and chop the license plate bracket!

As for the Phillips Bulbs, I know you want more light, but they're pretty bright and the color matches the DRL's very well.

Last edited by MarkDucati; 02-14-2017 at 05:06 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_350Z View Post
welcome to the forums. good looking bike.
Right back at you haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDucati View Post
Hmmm... for all that work of cutting and splicing, I'd just buy a 1299 head light.

Yeah...BTW, welcome :-)

First mods, lose the passenger pegs if you don't need them and chop the license plate bracket!

As for the Phillips Bulbs, I know you want more light, but they're pretty bright and the color matches the DRL's very well.
Are the 1299's bright? Sounds like an expensive part also?

Ok you convinced me to take them (passenger foot pegs) off haha. For now. It'll just be a hassle if someone randomly wants a ride.

For the first mods I have these on the way already

Fender eliminator
Integrated tail light turn signal things
Stands
Passenger seat cowl
Frame sliders
Tank snakeskin pads
Front fork and rear protectors
post #7 of 7 Old 02-26-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Installed new rage cycles fender eliminator with flush mount turn signals, and tech spech tank pads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati 899 Panigale Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page